INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI ASCOM DIY Arduino Focuser

• Thank you received: 809
So a friend of mine is building his own focuser for his imaging rig. He is planning to use an Arduino Nano using the ASCOM driver "Arduino ASCOM Focuser Pro DIY"

sourceforge.net/projects/arduinofocuscontrollerpro

We were experimenting this evening with his components, ASCOM, INDI, and KStars. After a bit of work, he was able to get the ASCOM driver installed properly and was able to control the DIY focuser components from a Windows program that uses ASCOM. But then we tried to use INDIServer for Windows to make the focuser available to KStars. In fact, the Focuser did show up in the INDIServer for Windows device list and we were able to start the INDIServer, but then when we tried to connect to it in KStars, of course it wasn't in the combo box due to the fact that there was no XML file. But we connected to the INDIServer anyway and the Focuser showed up in the INDI Control Panel. There were not many options and pressing connect did not work. I assume this is because there should be an XML file? Any ideas on what I need to do to get it to connect?

Thanks,

Rob
6 years 1 month ago #23501

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Rob, i built the exact same focuser for my mobile imaging rig.

I built the full version of the focuser with BT support. I installed the 1.70 version of the Arduino software and it connects perfectly via BT and via USB to my Asus tinker board via the Moonlite protocol.

regards
5 years 8 months ago #27091

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.492 seconds