INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Xagyl Filter Wheel and Configuration Problem

• Thank you received: 19
When I connect to the Xagyl Filter Wheel, it doesn't use my previously saved configuration - at least for the filter positions. It just uses the default values instead.

If I then load the config, it's ok.

If I remember to load the config before connecting, that works too.

Is it supposed to load the saved configuration at start automatically?

Using Kubuntu with the latest builds installed.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Chris Ryan. Reason: Details
6 years 1 week ago #24332

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Did you ever hear back on this, I see the same behavior on an FLI filter wheel. I've been looking at the code but haven't come to any conclusions yet.
5 years 11 months ago #25548

• Thank you received: 19
No, I just try to remember to explicitly load the config first before connecting. I've noticed the same problem with other devices as well, so it might be something common relating to how config is handled.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Chris Ryan.
5 years 11 months ago #25560

• Thank you received: 12
I was looking at it this morning and discovered that it didn't happen under a fresh build from source under OSX. It is happening on my stellarmate which will be a bit older code. I also noticed that the filters are correctly specified in the actual filter wheel configuration pages, and I verified in the code by adding some debug statements that the config file is actually loaded at startup. The problem it appears is that the CCD tool has an old definition of the filters. If I use the filter wheel selection pull down in the CCD tool and de--select my filter wheel and re-select it all is fine. I'm now wondering if its related to the order that our CCD and Filter Wheel are initialized in Indi which is somewhat random as they are detected on the USB bus. I'll keep you posted what I find.

If order is important that maybe I didn't see it on my Mac, but did on my StellarMate, just by chance.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by DAVID J EISENLORD.
5 years 11 months ago #25586

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds