INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Alignment with Ekos but without CCD camera

• Thank you received: 5
Hi,
Being now fully mobile with Kstars running on my RPi2 and my mount connected to an RPi with indiserver, I would like to use my set up.
Adding a ZWO ASI camera is today still too early, as I do not know whether my current setup is able to support the camera.
Is there a method to implement 3-star alignment (as in the synscan hand controller) making use of EKOS and its functions?
Did someone documented this way of working?
Thanks in advance,
Stefan
8 years 2 months ago #7029

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nope, it can only be done via a camera.
8 years 2 months ago #7034

So it is not possible to mimic a 3 star alignment procedure as in synscan by adding data manually in ekos?

I tried to add the repository for astrometry.net to my apt list of sources without result. Is there something wrong with the instructions given on the forum in different places? How can I get astrometry.net installed?

Stefan
8 years 2 months ago #7040

• Thank you received: 57
You should be able to align manually outside of ekos by doing sync on three objects you center in the scope.
Am I right?
8 years 2 months ago #7042

• Thank you received: 76
Just attach the ZWO camera and give it a go. It should work. I'm using one for guiding and its working fine. It should work for alignment too.

To install astrometery: sudo apt-get install astrometry.net
8 years 2 months ago #7044

Are you using Kstars on an RPi2? I'll try tonight.

About sudo apt-get astrometry.net, I understood you first need to run sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/astrometry.net etc and that is not working for me. I wonder the address is still ok. I am running Ubuntu-mate 15.10 on RPi2.
All hints welcome!
8 years 2 months ago #7045

If I well understood the synch uploads the coordinates after manual centering in the ekos alignment form instead of the coordinates of the solver. This seems reasonable to me.

Thanks,
Stefan
8 years 2 months ago #7046

• Thank you received: 76
You dont need the ppa anymore for astrometry.net as the ubuntu people are now publishing it in their repos.

Oh yes RPi2, sorry I'm using a full i5 PC and the ZWO works well. It should work on RPI2 as well I guess...... But I cant confirm,
8 years 2 months ago #7047

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds