INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 67

There is a lot that can go into figuring out the correct color balance. For instance, the imx477 comes in two varieties, the most popular has an IR-Cut filter, but there is also a version that does not (you can also manually remove the filter as I have done in mine). Some cameras do not have them, but the lens has one built in. Cameras without an IR-Cut filter will have much higher values in the red channel.

Other cameras just have a completely different color sensitivity curve... some extend much further in the IR range like the imx462.
1 month 1 week ago #100202

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,
For those of you who might be interested, I made a modification to the cloud detection app I developed based on AI (CNN), back in 2022.
At the request of some users, I have modified the app so that input parameters can be loaded from a .csv file instead of dialog windows. This allows for a more autonomous start-up of the process, without the need for human intervention. I am sharing a bundled .exe file that can be run in Windows, and a .py file to run in a proper python environment.
For details please check my website at: www.pampaskies.com/gallery3/Equipment/Al...-Condition-Detection

CS
Ignacio
1 month 2 days ago #100285

• Thank you received: 0
Hey guys.

I installed indi allsky on a raspberry pi 4. I have the indi-player one driver installed, but allsky only loads the simulated ccd. What do I have to do to load the player one driver? Thanks.
3 weeks 3 days ago #100407

Re-run setup.sh and re-define the indiserver with indi_playerone_ccd . There is also a dedicated script to perform this action: ./misc/change_camera.sh I would suggest rebooting once done.
3 weeks 2 days ago #100431

I apologize for my lack of knowledge. How do I reset indi server for Player one? I'm going to run the script. Thank you very much.
3 weeks 2 days ago #100433

Just run "./misc/change_camera.sh" and select indi_playerone_ccd and then reboot.
3 weeks 1 day ago #100456

Hello! I resolved it by installing Ubuntu instead of Raspiberry OS. In Rasp the only drive that appeared was the simulator. This time the indi drivers were loaded correctly. Thanks.
3 weeks 1 day ago #100461

It sounds like you only built the core INDI library. You would have had to build the 3rd-party repo to get the additional drivers. I will work on making my instructions less confusing.
3 weeks 1 day ago #100462

• Thank you received: 3
With StellarMate, I normally connect to a weather station (where the all-sky camera is also located) that provides SQM data (lux sensor controlled by ESPHome and Node-RED) and GPS data (via an ESP32) via TCP. I normally connect to them using the INDI drivers, indi_gpsnmea for the GPS and indi_sqm for the SQM. Can I also connect to them with INDI AllSky, collecting the SQM data and the GPS position and time control?
19 hours 52 minutes ago #100791

Hopefully, the indi_gpsnmea device will work with indi-allsky, but I have not tested the NMEA specific device myself.

indi-allsky will not be able to do anything with the SQM data directly, but it is still possible to read that data externally and use it as part of the image overlay.
18 hours 57 minutes ago #100792

• Thank you received: 3
Currently, I am using a TSL2561 sensor controlled with ESPHome. This sensor gives me the value in lux. I convert this value to SQM with Node-RED, which also publishes it in TCP, converting the data as if it were a Unihedron SQM (Sky Quality Meter) reader. The indi_sqm driver connects via TCP to Node-RED, retrieving the value.
The GPS (neo6m) is connected to an ESP32 using the sketch provided by this site: www.forward.com.au/pfod/CheapWifiShield/...fiShield/NMEAbridge/ . Essentially, the ESP32 provides a UDP/TCP server with NMEA data that IndiLib can read with the indi_gpsnmea driver. So far, everything is working... I was wondering if AllSky could also connect (always with the Indi drivers) to these two "services" directly. What should I do to try to connect to the GPS with indi_gpsnmea?
17 hours 35 minutes ago #100796

indi-allsky should be able to use the GPS device directly, but it will not be able to directly utilize the SQM device. It would be nice if there were a generic SQM type device and a simulator that could be used to test it, but I am unaware of that.
13 hours 20 minutes ago #100798

Time to create page: 1.868 seconds