INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Microtouch/Feathertouch Focus Controller Driver?

• Thank you received: 174

Hi Marco, just to explain - this message came from INDI Server for OSX and means, that the server was not properly terminated last time and the server job is still installed. It is just warning and application recovers from this situation 1 second later. I don't know, if it is related to some odd driver behavior or not. Maybe the driver refused to quit...? Peter
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
7 years 8 months ago #9353

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Just to concur with Peter - it is possible this is an unrelated error. I am just not sure why it would still have a sever job running through multiple reboots.

S-
7 years 8 months ago #9355

I think it is unrelated, but who knows... On Mac, unix executable "indiserver" is run as a keep-alive job by launchd superdaemon and is (among other) controlled by "INDI Server" application. Job is installed on application start and uninstalled on application exit. It seems, that uninstallation fails for some reason on your machine (maybe some security issue, but it usually happen if application crashed) and it is not affected by reboot. You can try to check it manually by this terminal command (while INDI Server is not running):

launchctl list | grep indi

and if it will return something like

11263	0	eu.cloudmakers.indi.indiserver

you can uninstall it manually by this terminal command:

launchctl remove eu.cloudmakers.indi.indiserver

Next time you will run INDI Server, it should start without error message. Peter
7 years 8 months ago #9357

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I took the Moonlite focuser driver as a template, and I did not change the disconnect function nor the destructor. Thanks for making the MacOS stuff clear, Peter.
I also added a ResetToPosition element where you can set the Focuser to a certain value, without moving it. I hope this solves your problem. I have to find out the Max value of the focuser, maybe we can set it to 200000 possible ticks.

Marco
7 years 8 months ago #9358

@Riprock99

Did Peters instructions solve your connection problems ?

Marco
7 years 8 months ago #9400

Sorry guys, it's been a mean work week, and I have not yet had time to try it. But I will tomorrow (Saturday).

S-
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by F. Scott Anderson.
7 years 8 months ago #9401

OK - I have an update. When I type "launchctl list | grep indi", nothing is returned, so it appears there are no hung jobs. However, when I run the indi server, I get the same behavior as before. I briefly get the following message: “Failed to remove server Job!” with a red light. This within 1 second updates to “Server is running (idle)” with a green light. Maybe this is a red herring. After starting the server and the control panel, and typing:

riprock99$ launchctl list | grep indi
407 - eu.cloudmakers.indi.INDI-Server.55296
409 - eu.cloudmakers.indi.indiserver

If I then add the MT focuser, I get:

riprock99$ launchctl list | grep indi
385 - eu.cloudmakers.indi.INDI-Server.55296
388 - 0x7faa42434610.anonymous.indi_microtouch
387 - eu.cloudmakers.indi.indiserver

So far so good. When I go to the control panel, and try to connect, I get the same error as before (see attached picture).

Note that sometimes my computer shows up twice in the Control Panel; for unknown reasons, I got three this time. After 2 minutes or so, I also got this weird message:

Connected to Chaos-Manor-2.95321262.members.btmm.icloud.com.:7624
Can't connected to Chaos-Manor-2.95321262.members.btmm.icloud.com.:7624

However, if I quit the control panel and the server, and start the Craig Stark focus control, it works fine. This is all after a cold power up of all equipment in the dome.

Lastly, to verify that I have the right port, with Craig Stark focus controller running, I started the INDI server, and the control panel, removed the focuser, then re-added it. When I tried to open it, I got: "Error retrieving data from Microtouch, please ensure Microtouch controller is powered and the port is correct."
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by F. Scott Anderson. Reason: Incorrect data entered
7 years 8 months ago #9414
Attachments:

OK - and even stranger things just happened. For the first time in a week I got the INDI control panel (ICP) to connect to the focuser. To do so, I gave it the wrong port, but ICP connected anyway. All of the values for ticks and temperature were crazy (like a temperature of 1304°C), and it wouldn't move anywhere. When I disconnected, ICP would not close the MFT. Finally, after quiting ICP, I couldn't get the behavior to repeat.
7 years 8 months ago #9416

Hi Scott, I don't know what, but something is wrong :( Does it also happen if you try previous INDI Server version? Peter
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
7 years 8 months ago #9417

I was running 2.2.27 (1.2.0). Fortunately I still had 2.2.26 as a .dmg. I fired it up, and the behavior was identical. At least it can be reproduced! I am sitting in the dome now, and you just replied in near real time. Would it help for me to call you? Or arrange a login or something?

Sincerely,

Scott
7 years 8 months ago #9418

Please keep me updated when you find something I can help with. Good Luck.

Marco
7 years 8 months ago #9419

It is probably too late here today to start some debugging session, but if you can arrange remote access to your machine, we can do it tomorrow. Peter
7 years 8 months ago #9420

Time to create page: 1.259 seconds