INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What can you say about Linux astro software forum?

• Thank you received: 95
# 41 VaST is a software tool for finding variable objects on a series of astronomical images.

# 42 SER Player is a video player for playing LuCam Recorder SER files. SER files are used for planetary, lunar and solar captures and this player allows these captures to be viewed in the same way AVI files are viewed with a standard video player.
SER Player also supports basic processing and will save frames in other file formats.

# 43 Parallel Iterative Deconvolution is an ImageJ plugin for iterative image deblurring.

# 44 cvastroalign (video align tool for astrophotography) is a program that loads a video sequence, aligns and stacks the selected frames obtaining an image as result of this process.
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellriegel
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Oleg.
8 years 4 days ago #7404

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

# 45 HNSKY for LINUX or HNSKY is a full feature planetarium program for Windows and Linux (under development). Contains 30.000 deep sky objects, a comet and asteroid database and the TYCHO2++ 4.5 million star database up to magnitude 12.5. The Sun, Moon, the planets and their major moons are all displayed with surface features. It is supplied with hundreds of DSS deep sky images which will blend in at the correct size and orientation.
7 years 9 months ago #8874

• Thank you received: 10
Great listings Oleg.

A couple of questions. How about adding Christian Buil's IRIS and ISIS software to the listing? Although these are not Linux packages, they do run under WINE.

Additionally, there are some valuable web tools which might be suggested for Linux INDI users. Thoughts?

Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oleg
7 years 6 months ago #10224

Hmm...
I'm sorry, but this project doesn't contain the WINE and software for OS Windows.
7 years 6 months ago #10226

• Thank you received: 87
Just as a side note, don't want to hijack the thread, I can give you an hint on wine, I am using only linux and wine.
Photoshop CS and Astroart 6 work fine. IRIS works but drag and drop does not, you have to use command line mode to use files on IRIS.
Anyway you have many native solutions without wine and thats the purpose of this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oleg
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by nMAC.
7 years 6 months ago #10246

# 46 Gaia Sky is a real-time, 3D, astronomy visualisation software that runs on Windows, Linux and OS X. It is developed in the framework of ESA's Gaia mission to chart about 1 billion stars of our Galaxy in the Gaia group of the Astronomisches Rechen-Institut (ZAH, Universität Heidelberg).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, gehelem
7 years 6 months ago #10248

• Thank you received: 0
Great list !!! Thanks for sharing :)
6 years 4 months ago #20916

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds