INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

cannot build 3rd party drivers

• Thank you received: 7
Hi all -

I purchased a ZWO ASI120-MC-S a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to get it to work on my Slackware Linux box.

I successfully build libindi-1.2.0 from source, but when I attempt to build the third-party drivers (using the instructions in the README), I get
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .
-- Checking for module 'libindi'
--   No package 'libindi' found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
  Could NOT find INDI (missing: INDI_INCLUDE_DIR INDI_LIBRARIES
  INDI_DRIVER_LIBRARIES INDI_CLIENT_LIBRARIES)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  indi-eqmod/cmake_modules/FindINDI.cmake:66 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  indi-eqmod/CMakeLists.txt:16 (find_package)

I got some hits when I googled parts of this, but none of the ones I looked at helped me ... what do I need to do here?

Thanks,

Glenn
8 years 6 days ago #7737

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How did you install libindi? It's not finding libindi. Also, no need to compile the whole 3rd party directory, just to to indi-asicam and compile it there.
8 years 5 days ago #7740

Hi Jasem -

I built libindi from source, following the directions in the distribution:

1) $ tar -xzf libindi.tar.gz
2) $ mkdir libindi_build
3) $ cd libindi_build
4) $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr . ../libindi
5) $ su -c 'make install' or sudo make install

The libraries are in /usr/lib, the headers in /usr/include/libindi and the binaries in /usr/bin.

The error makes it look like I need to set the missing INDI_INCLUDE_DIR, INDI_LIBRARIES, INDI_DRIVER_LIBRARIES and INDI_CLIENT_LIBRARIES variables somewhere. I know (or think I know) what values to give the first two, but am unsure of the second two.

Also, I know nothing about cmake except what I have learned by running it.

Thanks,

Glenn
8 years 5 days ago #7742

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic cannot build 3rd party drivers

Glenn,
you can try it in terminal:
sudo apt-get install libindi-dev
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
8 years 5 days ago #7743

Oleg,

Thanks. That will only work on a Debian-based system. :^) I do occasionally miss my Debian box!

I have downloaded Ekos and am going to give it a shot.

Glenn
8 years 5 days ago #7745

• Thank you received: 9
I bounce on this topic.

I can't use PPa, cause I am under Debian 32 bits... (by obligation) on a odroid-c2. So I need to recompile indi.

I have exactly he same errors. So I tried to compile what I need... I need gphoto and edmod.
1) eqmod : no issues
2) gphoto : compile but some warnings :
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_gphoto_ccd.dir/gphoto_readimage.o
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_driver.cpp: In function 'gphoto_driver* gphoto_open(const char*)':
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_driver.cpp:930:52: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
show_widget(gphoto->exposure_widget, "\t\t");
^
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_driver.cpp:963:52: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
show_widget(gphoto->bulb_widget, "\t\t");
^
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_driver.cpp: In function 'void gphoto_show_options(gphoto_driver*)':
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_driver.cpp:1158:49: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
show_widget(list->widget, "\t\t");
^
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_driver.cpp:1164:48: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
show_widget(gphoto->format_widget, "\t");
^
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_driver.cpp:1168:45: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
show_widget(gphoto->iso_widget, "\t");
^
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_readimage.cpp: In function 'int read_jpeg(const char*, uint8_t**, size_t*, int*, int*, int*)':
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_readimage.cpp:381:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
for (row = 0; row < cinfo.image_height; row++)
^
/home/odroid/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_readimage.cpp:388:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
for (i = 0; i < cinfo.output_width; i++)
^

NB : I'm following this to compile, so my indi code is 'git' code.
github.com/indilib/indi
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by djibb.
7 years 8 months ago #9449

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds