INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

setting permissions in virtualbox ekos bleeding

• Thank you received: 3
I installed ekos bleeding on mac using virtualbox. My imager is recognized and will load on indiserver but my mount is not recognized and it tells me I need both read/write permissions on my port , I am using the prolific USB to serial converter and have been successful in the past having indiserver recognize the lx200austostar at least after i set permissions and joined dialout group from the command line. I don't know how to do anything from the command line in virtualbox ekos install and I don't know other than the modify filter from device settings of virtualbox how to make it recognize anything other than the prolific adapter itself. What is the next step to getting ekos virtualbox bleeding to see my lx200autostar mount? thanks.
7 years 11 months ago #7920

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's the problem exactly? You don't know how to use the command line from inside Ekos? or something else?
7 years 11 months ago #7923

My problem is that Indiserver in ekos virtualbox doesn't connect to the serial port thru my lx200autostar driver. I get the permissions error message. i suspecf I would fix this at the command line by making sure i am part of the dialout group but I dont know how to get to the command line from inside ekos.

it may instead be a problem in how I configured the settings in virtualbox for my prolific usb to serial
7 years 11 months ago #7924

If you click the "K" menu type konsole or it should be in Favorites.
7 years 11 months ago #7925

Thank you. i joined the dialout group and its working fine. I appreciate your help and enjoyed reading about your remote ovservatory.
7 years 11 months ago #7927

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds