INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to set park position

• Thank you received: 1
Sorry if this is documented somewhere obvious, but I couldn't find how I can define the park position for the scope.
Last time I hit the park button I had to do an emergency stop since the mount was slewing to some weird position and the scope was almost hitting the pier :(
So, how do I define the park position?
7 years 10 months ago #8001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32
Ah! Been there, done that. Best practice for me is to start Ekos, connect everything, unpark the mount and then go to the Ekos mount settings, tab "Site Management". Click on "Park position Current", then "Write data".

Also double check if you see the mount's position correctly positioned at the NCP in KStars, so you know the mount actually knows where it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
7 years 10 months ago #8003

Cool, thx!
7 years 10 months ago #8005

Thanks for this info. My use case is a bit different. I am setting up my roll-off observatory, and I need to park in a location that is not the NCP, basically staring at the horizon so that the roof does not hit my OTA. Are there any instructions or guidelines for doing this?

I used the "Set Current" and then did a slew and a park and it went back to where I wanted it to, but the kstars screen display thinks I'm parked on the NCP.

-Doug-
5 years 2 months ago #34139

I think I figured it out on my own. Instead of unbinding the clutches and setting the park position, I started with the normal park position at NCP, disabled horizon limits, and then slewed to "N" on the horizon. Set current, write data, and it looks like I got the behavior that I needed.
5 years 2 months ago #34192

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds