INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI differences in library 1.2.0 and wINDI

• Thank you received: 92
Okay but in which language and communication channel is the server talking with the device driver(s)? According the white paper he is talking INDI. I assume the interface is not open since as it is run as:
indiserver indi_simulator_telescope
So theoretical, I could access the driver similar as the server does but the communication channel is for sure not TCP.

>>but it is wrong approach, THERE IS NO REQUEST/RESPONSE MECHANISM IN INDI!!!
I have now just made a connection with Java telescope simulator en server. I don't get any RA/DEC message! My users will complain. They have just connected to their expensive telescope and they can't see where the thing is pointing at. They can try to move a little but they don't want the whole thing rotate suddenly 180 degrees. I will try the
<getProperties version="1.7" device="XXX" property="EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD" </getProperties>.
for initialization only if the server/device doesn't tel me where the telescope is pointing.

Han
7 years 9 months ago #8842

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
wINDI uses INDI network protocol on client side and ASCOM API on driver side. It uses ASCOM drivers, not INDI drivers!

I can't help you with java indiserver server, it is not my code. But if it didn't reported RA/DEC it probably means, that you missed something again. I repeat once again, this is completely wrong approach and you are just wasting time. Implementation of full INDI parser is not an overkill, it is a must. Peter
7 years 9 months ago #8843

Oleg, great that works! :). I only had to copy the files to /usr/bin but now it is reporting version 1.2.0. Only I have 400 mbytes more :( , I probably will uninstall soon.

Found the simple reason. It works only once at the very first time! In Java the telescope driver stays CONNECT=On all the time. Also after disconnecting the server. So after reconnecting the server, it is already "On" and it will not report the position after connection Telescope simulator !!! Simple as that.

I can't switch the Telescope Simulator to CONNECT=Off. Same in wINDI and library 1.2.0. Also SkyChart has the same problem. If you you switch the Telescope Simulator Off in the INDI control panel, the Telescope Simulator just keeps working !!. This happens both in Java and wINDI using Skychart. Skychart is using the following command:
<setSwitchVector device='ASCOM Simulator Telescope' <oneSwitch name='CONNECT'>Off</oneSwitch> <oneSwitch name='DISCONNECT'>On</oneSwitch></setSwitchVector> What is going on here?

I will no longer bother. The HNSKY INDI implementation works fine with three servers and it is time to focus on some other more urgent things. Tonight I will probably release hnsky_linux beta1. All major functions including dss2 downloading are working fine. :cheer:

Thanks for the support and feedback.
Han

p.s. the command <getProperties version="1.7" device="XXX" property="EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD"/> work only with wINDI but not with Java sever. I will not use it.

7 years 9 months ago #8848

Han, I'm afraid, that this is correct, driver should not disconnect when the client closes the connection. You should send getProperty message to get updated values.

This XML can't work, property name is missing.
7 years 9 months ago #8856

Peter,
>>this is correct, driver should not disconnect when the client closes the connection. You should send getProperty message to get updated values.

If I disconnect from the wINDI server, the ASCOM telescope simulator window is gone. After reconnecting the ASCOM simulator has lost it last RA/DEC value. So this behavior is not ideal?

It would be also be nice to have the ASCOM equinox parameter ".EquatorialSystem " included in the next wINDI edition.

>>This XML can't work, property name is missing.
Help me here. Which property name is missing? How to instruct the device to connect=off correctly.

Han
7 years 9 months ago #8871

Try to disconnect device before disconnecting client.

<setSwitchVector device='ASCOM Simulator Telescope' name='CONNECTION'><oneSwitch name='CONNECT'>Off</oneSwitch><oneSwitch name='DISCONNECT'>On</oneSwitch></setSwitchVector>
7 years 9 months ago #8872

Thanks it works now. I did the same yesterday including name=connection, but it didn't work. Maybe a total reboot fixed it. Problem solved.

Han
7 years 9 months ago #8896

Oleg, the indiserver and indi_simulator_telescope are working, however for the indi_simulator_dome, I get continuous error messages as follows:
2016-06-23T15:34:34: Driver indi_simulator_dome: stdin EOF
2016-06-23T15:34:34: Driver indi_simulator_dome: restart #5529
2016-06-23T15:34:34: Driver indi_simulator_dome: indi_simulator_dome: error while loading shared libraries: libindidriver.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2016-06-23T15:34:34: Driver indi_simulator_dome: restart #5530
2016-06-23T15:34:34: Driver indi_simulator_dome: indi_simulator_dome: error while loading shared libraries: libindidriver.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2016-06-23T15:34:34: Driver indi_simulator_dome: restart #5531
Looks like libindidriver.so.1 is missing. How to fix?

Han
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by han.
7 years 9 months ago #8962

• Thank you received: 95
Look at this page github.com/indilib/indi
sudo apt-get install libnova-dev libcfitsio3-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl0-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev

sudo apt-get install libftdi-dev libgps-dev dcraw libgphoto2-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev

git clone https://github.com/indilib/indi.git
cd indi

mkdir -p build/libindi
cd build/libindi
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../../libindi
make
sudo make install

cd ..
cd build
mkdir 3rdparty
cd 3rdparty
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../../3rdparty
make
sudo make install
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../../3rdparty
make
sudo make install
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Oleg.
7 years 9 months ago #8964

Great, that seems to work!. :cheer: :cheer: Long instruction and many mbytes processed. This is not convenient for ordinary users
Han
7 years 9 months ago #8967

Now I can properly debug the indi interface with the graphics in Linux working! :cheer: Found an error and issued 3.3ßb5 just now.
Han
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by han.
7 years 9 months ago #8968

• Thank you received: 95
You can try attached script:
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
7 years 9 months ago #8969
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.998 seconds