INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

JMI Motofocus using FCUSB on Jessie rpi

• Thank you received: 3
If you look back in the thread Peter's reply woked for me
I was able to star indierver from command line with the driver from cloudmakers. NOT SURE jf they still make it avail hsvent checked lately
Good luck!
Here's what he said:
I'm not quite sure what version of the driver is bundled with RPi distro, maybe try to update it manually. You can find recent packages here: www.cloudmakers.eu/shoestringdrivers/ .

Driver name executable is indi_fcusb_focuser.

Peter
6 years 4 months ago #21279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
Thank you Peter,
I just discovered that the FCUSB driver is included in StellarMate but looks like I have different problem. I use Kstars on a Mac and connect remotely to a StellarMate that is connected to the telescope. I see the FCUSB driver selection on the StellarMate but its not available on Kstars on the Mac so I can't select it for remote setup. How do I set this up?
6 years 4 months ago #21280

• Thank you received: 3
The same cloudnakers site has osx indiserver drivers
For their version of indiserver interface www.cloudmakers.eu/shoestringdrivers/
Not sure if you fcusb usb is usb to tfe MAC but if it is and your indiserver us running on mac the drivers should be there or avail. Experts can chain indisrvers as well.

Im John -- Peter was on thread giving the original advice some time ago.

Goid luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
6 years 4 months ago #21281

• Thank you received: 0
I'm having the same issue with my new JMI Motofocuser in that it works great on the Windows s/w but not from Ekos under Kstars. I am able to connect to the unit over a serial connection on the Raspberry Pi 4. But I don't have the complete API definition to be able to write my own Python controller. I've asked the company (FarPoint) for the complete set of commands but they have not responded yet. Does anyone have those or a working Python GUI to control the focuser. If someone has the command definitions I'll write a Python GUI. BTW, my e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if anyone wants to respond to me directly. Otheriwise I'll pick up any responses here.
1 year 8 months ago #83945

• Thank you received: 0
What name - what was the string you used? Also, which commnad line did you put this?
2 months 3 weeks ago #97942

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds