INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Are Ekos settings suppposed to be saved on exit?

• Thank you received: 76
Question, are settings supposed to save on exit to aviod having to set them agin the next time.
If so, is it possible to view the file?

Examples of what I mean by settings:
  • bining in the guide module
  • frames and tolerance
  • binning in the capture module
  • frames and tolerance in the focus module
  • solver args in the align module

I think these used to be saved, however I've noticed the last few times that I have to keep setting them back after starting kstars.
Is there a config or properties file somewhere that I could view these?

Thanks,
Derek
7 years 6 months ago #10523

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11
Hi Derek,

as far as I know settings of KStars/INDI/EKOS (settings made in KStars configuration dialog) are stored automatically on exit once applied. Settings made in running EKOS are only stored when hitting the respective save configuration button. To make sure that your specific settings are loaded check "On connection" at Configure Kstars --> EKOS --> General tab.

Settings config files are

~/.indi device configurations
~/.config/kstarsrc KStars settings
~.local/share/kstars KStars settings and data

CS
Klaus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek
7 years 6 months ago #10529

• Thank you received: 12
I have a problem... the latest EKOS do not save the Upload (Client, Remote, Both) and the remote path settings during exit. I have tried many times and yet the Upload settings were loaded as "Client" every time I started EKOS

I'm using ubuntu 16.04 on Raspberry Pi 3.

With such behaviour, the biggest problem I've encountered is that I've spent a night session shooting the FITS using my Atik CCD, but NONE of the frames were written on the disk. It seems that the reason was due to the Upload settings were defaulted as "Client" - which only put the FITS to shows on the preview window and have not write the files to the Directory settings.

So every time I launch EKOS I have to remember to change the Upload to Both or Local in order to write the file on disk. Hopefully there's a way to make the Upload settings persist so I do not have to change it before every image shooting session....
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Stephen Wong.
7 years 3 months ago #13508

I certainly tried the save settings on the camera setup, which EKOS did save the config on the xml under ~/.indi folder, and loading it is fine also... but the settings only applies to the camera option tab, but not being populated into the CCD/camera shooting tab.....
7 years 3 months ago #13523

Ok, so time to clear things up:

1. Settings in KStars Configuration are saved on exist.
2. Settings in Ekos are saved when you start the operation. i.e. Focus settings are saved when you perform autofocus. Alignment settings saved when you solve..etc. I'm trying to slowly update this so all settings are saved when changed, but there are tons of settings there and only other option is to add "Apply Settings" button.
3. Capture Module settings are only saved if you save the sequence to a file.
4. Scheduler Module settings are only saved if you save the scheduler list file.
5. INDI settings (in INDI control panel) are only saved when you explicitly saved them under INDI Control Panel --> Options --> Configuration --> Save

sywong2000: You need to save capture settings to Ekos Sequence File (.esq) and load it when you perform your run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Wong
7 years 3 months ago #13524

• Thank you received: 34
Could it be that the [eqmod] backlash values are not saved? I just noticed that I have to enter them every time I restart kstars. It would be nice (for me) to save them.
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by pauledd.
7 years 3 months ago #13547

Yes it wasn't saved, just updated it so it saves the value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauledd
7 years 3 months ago #13575

Thank you! Saving at the .esq file works for me. The "Apply settings" would certainly be one of my items on the wish list.
Thanks again!
7 years 3 months ago #13643

Time to create page: 0.901 seconds