INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Success with asi120mm and atik 314l

• Thank you received: 20
Several weeks ago I was having no success downloading images through a Raspberry Pi2 running Ubuntu Mate to my desktop running Fedora 24. I tried both a ZWO ASI120MM and an Atik 314L. Both would connect neither would download. After updating indi library to 1.3.0, Kstars to 2.7.0 and atikccd to 1.9 both cameras work splendidly with relatively short download times (1 or 2 seconds) from the observatory I am building about 50m distant. I want to thank knro, polakovic and lupinix for all their hard work in making this happen.
7 years 4 months ago #11510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
Have you experienced any of the recent issues with ASI 120 exposure looping?
7 years 3 months ago #13274

In a word yes.Three weeks ago I could guide fine with the internal guider. . then the image quality with the guider deteriorated to the point where I could not get a reliable image to guide with. The strange thing is that it seems to work fine with phd2 on the pi 3. I I have not had a chance to look at the logs. 2 nights ago after successfully guiding with phd2 I tried with the internal guider and got the continuous looping problem.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Thomas Seckler.
7 years 3 months ago #13276

• Thank you received: 226
I wanted to buy one. But I'm not sure any more. Would you still recommend it?
7 years 3 months ago #13277

When it works it is a nice guide camera. Were I to guess I think these issues will eventually be solved particularly if ZWO releases the source code. But who knows how long it will take. I will probably sell my asi120mm and use my 314l+ as a guide camera and 353l as the imaging camera. It is a tough choice. other good guiders are much more expensive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
7 years 3 months ago #13278

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds