Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Indi Server And Hardware Failures?

Indi Server And Hardware Failures? 1 year 1 month ago #11942

• kbrown
  • kbrown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I was out with my gear last weekend and encountered a random glitch with my Atik 383L+. It just stopped responding to anything and I had to power it down and up again to get it working. Due to this I had to also restart the indiserver and because of this I lost the current status of my other devices which were still working properly.

This got me thinking if there was a way to just restart one of the indi drivers without loosing the connection to the other ones? Would be really handy to have this capability if it doesn't exist already?

Thanks,
Kari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Indi Server And Hardware Failures? 1 year 1 month ago #11943

Yes depending on how you start the INDI server. If you start it directly with indiserver -v driver_1 driver_2 ..etc then no, but if you start it as a FIFO then yes. When using INDI Web Manager, it starts INDI server in FIFO so it would be possible to do that.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?

Indi Server And Hardware Failures? 1 year 1 month ago #11944

• kbrown
  • kbrown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
That's perfect. I'll give it a go tonight!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica