INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for GoTo and Guide through Arduino & ST4

• Thank you received: 0
Hi knro,

found the solution and compiled !

The issue was in the MakeFile.txt, there was information of the include directive but not of the library :

I added this to the end of the MakeFile.txt and I got it compiled ...
target_link_libraries(indi_ardust4 nova)

That does not mean that it will work but ... you know ... it has to compile first !!

I asked the author of ardust4 if I can collaborate but he didn't come back to me so I started to modify is driver. When I will have it tested with basic goto functionality I will create my GitHub repository and I will inform you.

Thanks for your support. I really appreciate your hard work and commitment for such a big project !
Many thanks from Francesco (an Italian who live in Britain)
Francesco
7 years 4 months ago #12396

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok please download "fixed" version from here: www.dropbox.com/s/oevagh6caacf0vy/indi_a...4-master.tar.gz?dl=0

Now it is made as a 3rd party library. 3rd part simply means it is compiled outside of INDI tree. I changed the device name to "Adruino GOTO" and note that I used the same name in the device XML file (that clients parse to learn of available drivers in the system). I also included the cmake_modules directory and made any necessary changes. Now it fails to compile, but it is due to missing Park()/unPark() functions you defined in the header but not implemented yet, so I'll leave that to you. Good luck!
7 years 4 months ago #12401

Thanks you !

YOU ARE A PRO !!
7 years 4 months ago #12405

Hello again !

The code is now compiling correctly and I have been able to start indiserver, start CCDciel and use the Panel (only the Tracking part of the code is working, the rest is still simulated).

If I tried to use KStars (as it is the only way I know to be able to test GoTo functionalities with Indi) ... I can see my driver listed but when I connect indiserver I get an error message like "driver was not found on the system".

I checked and the driver is (together with the other) in /usr/bin while the xml is in /usr/share/indi

With KStars I can use indi with indi_v4l2_ccd and indi_gphoto2_ccd ... which have files located in the same place of arduinogoto_telescope ...

Any idea ? I tried to strace indiserver but without success !

Cheers
Francesco
7 years 4 months ago #12450

I checked what I sent you, and in the XML file, the file is called "indi_arduino_telescope", while the executable is called "indi_arduinogoto_telescope", so please change the name in the XML file to that of the executable exactly and run sudo make install and try again.
7 years 4 months ago #12452

Hi,

yes that was the reason ! Thanks.

I am now trying to debug the code using QT creator 3.5 (I have being using Visual studio years ago and I found QT really a good development environment). I watched your videos here:
www.indilib.org/develop/developer-manual...ent-environment.html

After some try/error I got my driver built with debug symbols in it (the size is more than twice the normal build) ... but ... there is always a but !!

As my driver is a telescope driver and kstars require to have a CCD driver as well so I tried both indi_v4l2_ccd (with my laptop webcam....) or indi_gphoto_ccd and within QT, the application start like this:
indiserver -v indi_v4l2_ccd indi_arduinogoto_telescope

The issue is that, I just use:
indiserver -v indi_arduinogoto_telescope
I can debug with no error (breakpoint works), but I cannot test it with kstars.

If I use
indiserver -v indi_v4l2_ccd indi_arduinogoto_telescope
indiserver -v indi_gphoto_ccd indi_arduinogoto_telescope

I got a segmentation fault ! Any idea or recommendation ?

Cheers
Francesco
7 years 4 months ago #12503

The driver you want to debug should always be the first. i.e.
indiserver -v indi_arduinogoto_telescope indi_v4l2_ccd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francesco Campanini
7 years 4 months ago #12507

Thanks Jasem, That was what I was missing !

Francesco
7 years 4 months ago #12530

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I'm also trying to morize my mount. Could you send again your project? Dropbox links are not working anymore.
6 years 2 months ago #22605

Hi,
sorry to be away for so long but many nice things happened (a daughter and a new job) and I didn't have time to work on the project. I will create a git repository and upload the latest set of files ASAP then post here the link.
Thanks
Francesco
5 years 9 months ago #26426

Here we are.
This the github URL:
github.com/f-campanini/ardust4
Feel free to get the code and to commit changes. I will try to regulary review and work with the community on this.
Francesco
5 years 9 months ago #26431

5 years 9 months ago #26432

Time to create page: 1.318 seconds