INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Troubles with QHY driver on ARM device

• Thank you received: 51
On my setup in remote all devices are connected to a ODROID-XU4 device.
On the XU4 I use a Linux Ubuntu Mate distri. The link to the PC is ensured by Wifi or RJ45 cable.
When I try to use my setup in remote I met a problem with the QHY driver which crash when I ask for an exposure. Unfortunately causing the crash of the whole INDI server. Other symptom the driver hang ([indi_qhy_ccd] <defunct>).
I was wondering that could be a bad build. So I have get the git of libindi and compiled indi library and qhy driver on the XU4 with debug option. The first test gave same result. So this is not a question of build quality.
Next I will try to debug the process. I am not an expert of it but I will do my best to find the origin of the problem.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Patrick.
7 years 4 months ago #13013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Since you don't have access to the SDK, there isn't much debugging you can do. You can ask QHY for special access to SDK or communicate with QHY directly over this issue as it is not an INDI problem, but rather an SDK issue.
7 years 4 months ago #13023

• Thank you received: 51
Hello jasem,
This is what I have done on their forum. I won't ask for a special access to their sdk. I think that I am not enough robust to do it.
For the moment there is no answers from QHY guys.
7 years 4 months ago #13025

• Thank you received: 2
Actually I'm having same crashing problem on normal 64 laptop. Running new Kubuntu 16.04, Kstars and indi (everything installed today on Lenovo T420s) and QHY9s works but QHY 5L-II-M causes crash of indiserver when I try to expose. That didn't happen on my other netbook before (otherwise same setup) and QHY 5L is working fine when plugged into RPi 3 running Indiserver and accessed from same Lenovo machine.

And still filter wheel on QHY9s is giving wrong filters as mentioned before but working fine in QHYsoftware.
7 years 4 months ago #13131

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds