INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems encountered during my last photo shoot

• Thank you received: 12
Hi !
I did a photo session on Friday that went well overall. I have, however, experienced some small problems which I shall attempt to detail (and with the help of google translate :P ).

My setup:
DMK 41 camera directly connected to my laptop.
On the D-Link hub:
Sx Lodestar v1
Sx Wheel
Logitech Joystick
NEQ6 via EQMod

Portable MSI GE60 2PF, ubuntu 16.04 gnome-shell
Large tractor battery

At the end of the session, a homemade flat screen.

Target of the day: M35. Approximately 40 images of 3 minutes with a CLS filter, 10 darks, 50 bias, 30 flats. I work as a nomad, no landline or internet connection on the ground.

The first problem occurs when the setup is connected, the lodestar does not start. I have to go through it several times to get through the problem. To do this, I disconnect / Stop INDI / Starts INDI / reconnects the most quickly possible. After the third or fourth try, it works. It's very weird, but it works ... Does it come from the connection to the Hub (sx_ccd + sx_wheel), a power supply ... I do not know much about it ...

My second problem occurred at the time of the meridian flip. In the CCD tab, I had set it to Meridian flip if HA> 1h. After an hour three minutes, nothing, an hour six, nothing ... I had to interrupt the session before the filter wheel touches the mount, and make the meridian flip manually. Is there anything in the settings that I forgot for the meridian flip does not fire?
My third problem concerns the alignment, and more particularly load & slew. After the meridian flip, to find exactly the previous framing, I loaded a .fits image done a few minutes ago. Nothing to do, systematic failure. I was able to try later at home with the same pictures, offline and online, no results after 3 minutes. When I upload the image to astrometry.net, no problem.

Another concern, even if I activated the wcs, wcs info never appear on my photos. There, too, maybe there is a setting I missed?

All these problems did not stop me from succeeding my photos, it is the essential!

I join my logs of the evening (sorry, they are looooongs ...)

Thank you for your help !
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Eric Magnien.
7 years 3 months ago #13674
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
I noticed these two messages :
2017-01-07T01:34:35.791 - DEBG - Alignment:  "FITS header: Cannot find OBJCTRA. Using current mount coordinates."
2017-01-07T01:34:35.792 - DEBG - Alignment:  "FITS header: Cannot find FOCALLEN."
Is this normal ?
7 years 3 months ago #13728

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds