INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Alignment issues

• Thank you received: 12
Hi all
Last night I tested the EKOS alignment module again. For several sessions I have seen the same problems:
- The "load & slew" function always fails to resolve after three minutes.
- Even after activating wcs, none of my images will display the wcs info. Still, "capture & solve" works perfectly and updates the rotation.
- Maybe it's linked, but "meridian flip" does not trigger when the meridian passes.

I did the last test on a new installation. Kstars-bleeding comes from ppa, astrometry.net of repos. Initially, I used the astrometric data from the repositories, then index-4200-4219 files that I downloaded a few months ago.
I activated all debug logs, took screenshots of my settings.
I really need help, when I see that something is not working, I tend to "tinker", and most of the time, it works less well ...

My setup: DMK CCD, SXLodestar, SX Wheel, EQ6 & EQMOD, Joystick

My screenshots : flic.kr/s/aHskSyn8tJ
Attachments : my main logs + astrometry.cfg

P.S.: The new installation allowed me to remove the bug from the Lodestar that does not connect the first time. There must be an old configuration file somewhere that is problematic to my main installation. A little housekeeping in perspective ...
Thank you in advance
Astronomicalement !
Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 2 months ago #13804
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Alignment issues

1. Does your FITS file have RA/DE coords? Please post a link to the file you were trying to solve.
2. Is your CCD driver listening to EQMod Mount? Go to your CCD in INDI Control Panel --> Options and check Active Telescope? what is it set to? Is rotation in astrometry tab being populated?
3. Maybe, is HA for your mount getting calculated in the Mount tab correctly? If the HA < 0 before you start image aquisition?

Thanks for the log, this is the kind of log I want to see when people post problems!

EDIT: Nevermind, most the answers were in the screenshots you posted, which is another great thing you did I wish everyone else followed!!
EDIT: I believe problem fixed, the V42L was not snooping properly. Please retest again in your next PPA update. For #1, if there are no FOCALLEN (which is expected because it wasn't listening properly to EQMod) and no RA/DE then the solver will fail unless you are very close to your target when you start your "Load&Slew"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Magnien
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 2 months ago #13855

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Eric Magnien on topic Alignment issues

Great ! Thank you so much ! I will try next friday, clear and cold sky is expected...
7 years 2 months ago #13887

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds