INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Arduino DSC driver

• Thank you received: 0
Hello to all,
I wonder if I can ask some directions for the following diy project:
I would like to add DSC to my equatorial mount and to connect them to an indi client (XEphem).
I have 1024 p/r encoders + arduino uno. Now I missing the indi driver. What is the best way to proceed? Starting from an existing telescope driver (LX200?) and modify it? Is there a indi driver to manage only the encoders? I am not a programmer, I can write some basic code, so I would prefer to find a basic driver skeleton to modify.
Kind regards
Stefano
11 years 1 day ago #244

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Arduino DSC driver

That should be fairly easy to develop. You can start by modifying Tutorial #2 of INDI Library "Simple Scope". Since your driver doesn't support GOTO, simply return false in that function:
bool SimpleScope::Goto(double ra, double dec)
{
   return false;
}

Then it is only a matter of adding your encoder to RA/DEC conversion routines in ReadScopeStatus() fuction.

Thats pretty much it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefano Bortolussi
10 years 11 months ago #248

• Thank you received: 0
thank you for your reply,
I did little progress .... Cross-hair moves when I move the encoder axle, but I do not know how to sync it over a celestial object.
> Then it is only a matter of adding your encoder to RA/DEC conversion routines in ReadScopeStatus() fuction.
how do I read/set telescope (encoders) RA and DEC?
Kind regards
10 years 9 months ago #255

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Arduino DSC driver

You need to override the Sync function in your telescope driver.

I'm not sure what do you mean by that. This all depends whether you're using absolute or incremental encoder, single or multi-turn. If you're using an incremental encoder, then you need to know at startup where the telescope is pointing at in order to figure out the startup RA/DEC. Then you need to know the encoder ticks to degrees ratio and update the RA/DEC accordingly as the encoder values changes. Things are much easier with absolute encoders, but they're more expensive.
10 years 9 months ago #256

Time to create page: 0.687 seconds