INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connection problems after update

• Thank you received: 51
Hello all,
I made an update of the INDI library on my ODROID-XU4 to be able to have 2 ZWO cams on the same driver (fixed on INTEL platform some times ago).
After the update, the INDI servers connect together but I won't be able to connect any device to the master INDI server.
On the remote INDI server I get those logs. Looks like the getProperties return no informations.
Am I right ? If yes is there a solution to fix it ?

Thanks

indiserver -vvv indi_asi_ccd
2016-02-11T16:49:08: startup: indiserver -vvv indi_asi_ccd
2016-02-11T16:49:08: Driver indi_asi_ccd: pid=1839 rfd=3 wfd=6 efd=7
2016-02-11T16:49:08: listening to port 7624 on fd 4
2016-02-11T16:49:08: Driver indi_asi_ccd: sending msg copy 1 nq 1:
<getProperties version='1.7'/>

2016-02-11T16:49:25: Client 0: new arrival from 10.42.0.197:39228 - welcome!
2016-02-11T16:49:25: Client 0: read getProperties
2016-02-11T16:49:25: Driver indi_asi_ccd: queuing responsible for <getProperties device='' name=''>
2016-02-11T16:49:25: Driver indi_asi_ccd: sending msg copy 1 nq 1:
<getProperties version="1.7"/>
7 years 1 month ago #14317

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well, the driver is not detecting the camera. If you do lsusb -l you see the device? how about dmesg output when you plug in the camera?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 1 month ago #14335

First of all, it looks like some of the troubles I met comes from a bad management of USB ports by the latest update of 16.04LTS on the ODROID-XU4. Then lsusb doesn't show any device. Sometimes it works and Isusb shows all the devices. I don't know how to fix it. Maybe next update will help :(
When all works fine (because it happens sometimes) I have a problem with the 120MM-S that worked fine in the past.
I have investigated and I found that mdpd="true" disappeared from the cmake xml of the indi-asi driver arm files. I add it and recompiled and installed the libindi and the indi-asi driver.
After that the 178MM work really fine even looping on exposure but the 120MM-S very often loops infinitely without sending any image.
I started indiserver -vv indi_asi_ccd on the ODROID and with the 178MM I see the frames sent. With the 120MM-S there is no frame sent.
7 years 1 month ago #14339

• Thank you received: 87
Hi patdut,
could it be a hardware problem? Just a hint, I know it's simple but, have you tried this?

forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=15302
It seems a common problem on the XU4. It's does not detected equipment connected on the USB3 ports.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
7 years 1 month ago #14340

Thank you nmac, it fixed the connection problem.
It remains only one problem. I will check the version of the ZWO ASI SDK on both intel and arm platform. I guess there might be a problem there.
Patrick
7 years 1 month ago #14341

After rebuild of the driver with the last SDK (ASI_linux_mac_SDK_V0.6.0110) the problem remains.
Is it possible to go back to a previous version (a month or two) of the driver to check what have changed.
I don't know how to have a stable version.If I stay away from the update I won't have the benefit of them.
And if I do an update I am not sure that my setup will still work.
I don't know what to do.
7 years 1 month ago #14347

Hi patdut, normally I revert to a previous version of my packages when I encounter the same problems.
You can search wich ones you have in the folder: "/var/cache/apt/archives" of your installation. This is the place where apt save
the downloaded files(updates).

Then make an "ls -al indi_asi*" and see wich ones you have there. Then you can install an older one using a "sudo dpkg -i indi_asi_xxxxx".
It will revert back that package.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
7 years 1 month ago #14350

Thank you nmac. It works !!!, I re-installed the previous indi-asi on the odroid. A problem occurs when the exposure time is set to 1 ms, sometimes the image doesn't load or the exposure doesn't start.
Maybe a fresh indi-asi driver on Intel platform have troubles to exchange with a 3 to 5 older arm indi-asi driver.
But this turn around doesn't help to understand from where the regression comes.
I ask the question to Jasem, Isn't it a problem which appears with the live video availability ? Some border effects ?
7 years 1 month ago #14352

Well this is not a good solution to use 2 drivers not at same version level.
The result is that some functions don't works. I can't cool the camera from Ekos on Intel platform. Asking a temperature of -15°C does nothing.

Oups, the cooler was off by default (this is new :)
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Patrick.
7 years 1 month ago #14354

Very good news: I compiled the intel asi-driver with the last SDK and have done the same on the arm (odroid) side and ... tadaaam ... all works fine.
I was too optimistic there is still a problem with the ASI 120MM-S. As reported by many users sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and enter in a loop.
Trying to change parameters the highspeedmode or set auto bandwidth and obtained this kind of message:
2016-02-11T19:01:07: ASISetControlValue (HighSpeedMode=0.2) error (16)
2016-02-11T18:18:53: ASISetControlValue (BandWidth=40) error (16)
2016-02-11T19:01:57: ASISetControlValue (BandWidth=70) error (16)

If this is possible it would be nice to be warned when there might have differences between versions than can involve dysfunction.
Maybe a tag in the drivers that can be checked at connection with the server.
7 years 1 month ago #14355

Yep, I am one of those users! My ASI120MM sometimes gave me a hard time with those loopings!
But they always came to a solution with new versions. Let's hope a new version solves your issue.
Still I can't see where the problem is. And I had them on all platforms, ARM, x86, x64. ASI120 is really a stubborn camera.

Now.. those errors never happened to me, it seems the driver can't set the property values???
7 years 1 month ago #14357

At last I update all on intel platform and arm platform. No more effect.
At last of last I connected the 120MM-S to the netbook and there is the result:

The camera works fine under oacapture. So what to do ??
7 years 1 month ago #14358

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds