INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

wINDI & KStars Issues

• Thank you received: 32

wINDI & KStars Issues was created by Bill

Hello all,
I installed wINDI and Kstars on a Windows machine to test it out and I am running into some issues.

1. The ASCOM driver for SSAG refuses to load. The error it gives is below. The camera works fine under Windows.
2017-02-19T17:31:16.5: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DCF01AC2-8F59-4A0A-A858-36467E7BA582} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

2. KStars cannot do any plate solves. I was testing plates solves with image files I had, and all attempts to plate solve failed. I turned off fits2fits like the prompt said, tried a local ANSVR (by changing the online one to the Windows ANSVR I have running already and use fine in SGP), and nothing seemed to work.

Hopefully someone can help me figure this out, as this is preventing me from moving forward testing out the new software. I like the idea of being able to automate my process so I can control it from inside my warm cozy house, by connecting to the INDI server on my Surface Tablet. If I can just get plate solving working, and my guide camera working, I should be able to try some imaging runs.
7 years 2 months ago #14642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Hi, I suppose you used 64 bit version of wINDI, but you have only 32 bit ASCOM driver. Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill
7 years 2 months ago #14648

• Thank you received: 32

Replied by Bill on topic wINDI & KStars Issues

Yep, I installed the 32 Bit INDI Server and it works great now. Thanks!
7 years 2 months ago #14649

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds