INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ten Steps to Getting Off ASCOM

• Thank you received: 32
Thought you guys might enjoy this. A friend of mine asked for a list of things he would need to do in order to move to INDI, so I wrote them up, and realized other people could probably use this to help people they know. So I thought I would share:

1drv.ms/w/s!AtqRof7LftCbg5lGgaJF96A0wiNFng

I may have some of this wrong, so feel free to correct me or whatnot. When I got to the end of writing this, I thought it was pretty funny that I had 10 steps listed (10 step programs, anyone) :lol: :lol: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, gehelem, Derek, Brian Morgan
7 years 1 month ago #15447

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wow nice work!! This is worth publishing in INDI site! There are few changes that needs to be made, and maybe a couple of screenshots and it's good to go!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill
7 years 1 month ago #15461

Replied by Bill on topic Ten Steps to Getting Off ASCOM

I'm all for that. Let me know what to change and I'll update.
7 years 1 month ago #15463

I added some screenshots for the most useful entries in the document. The formatting looks terrible in the Word Online viewer, looks much better if you download it. LOL :)
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Bill.
7 years 1 month ago #15481

Great update, thanks! I reviewed this list again just now and I still think it's a bit complex for new users. Especially the part about SSH. We have INDI Web Manager, so we should probably refer to that. Problem is there is no easy way to install INDI Web Manager now... so here off I go looking for a way to make it easy to install! But once that is done, I think we should forget about SSH and refer to that.

Also, in KStars v2.7.6 there is an Ekos Profile Wizard which should help new users get started.
7 years 4 weeks ago #15706

Good plan. I like the idea of using the Web Manager. I can add info about the wizard, but I need to lower my resolution from 4k to something else since the wizard scales funky on my display as is.
7 years 4 weeks ago #15716

Good thing you bring up 4K issues. I never tried 4K before. I guess I should to see the scaling issues first hand.
7 years 4 weeks ago #15732

There are definitely some issues, like the buttons being overly tiny, and some of the default sizes of the windows that open (like the INDI Control panel) are too small and have to be expanded out to see everything correctly.
7 years 4 weeks ago #15747

• Thank you received: 6
Thanks Rockstarbill, this is nice summary and pretty much the route I took except I use DSLR as CCD, it will save newcomers hours of fiddling and will make nice posting-.

I wanted to check point eight, para 3, since it relevant to my ongoing struggle to autoguide. I've failed to get RS232 working and finally found a solution this week via ST4. You seem adamant about only ST4 working with LX200 type driver, which is what I've found, did you try it at all?
7 years 4 weeks ago #15748

I only tested st4 and usb guiding. In my setup the Ekos guider only worked with st4 while phd2 worked via usb. I ended up going the phd2 route so I didn't need to have another cable coming off the scope.
7 years 4 weeks ago #15749

How are the Web Manager updates coming along? :)
7 years 2 weeks ago #16049

Good question. I'm not sure what's the best way to do it. Use pip? Ubuntu package? Probably someone who knows Python better than I do can propose a package format. I think a Debian file is best in the PPA, but I'll have to figure out python packaging quirks.
7 years 2 weeks ago #16050

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds