INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI on MacOS X and Homebrew

• Thank you received: 3
Hi!

Sorry for not checking this before...

I've just downloaded the indi driver for the aagcloudwatcher that is in the 0.9.8 version and it is correctly working. However, I've downloaded the raspberry pi version (which is the computer I have attached to the AAG cloud watcher). Therefore, I exactly don't know what may be happening with the MacOS version. Do you see any error message at the server part? Have you suceesffully connected to the cloudwatcher using any serial port tool? If you are stuck just when try to CONNECT, maybe there is some problem opening the port... But this is just speculation as I have not been able to test it on a Mac. If the problem persist I could try to find someone with a mac to do some testings...

Best regards.

Zerjillo
10 years 1 week ago #815

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi peter.

Although the Sky Quality Meter driver is programmed with the INDI for Java library, it is still possible to run it with the usual indiserver app if you have Java installed in your system. If you are interested on how to do it I can give you some hints about it.

Best regards

Zerjillo
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by S. Alonso.
10 years 1 week ago #816

• Thank you received: 174
Hi Zerjillo, I don't have SQM hardware but I'll look at the possibility to invoke java application from sandboxed OSX program. Peter
10 years 1 week ago #817

Hi again

I don't know anything about sandboxing apps for MacOS. My only Mac was an iBook in which I installed GNU/Linux 10 minutes after I first used it. Its CDROM drive died and now there is no way to install anything on it... :-(

However, invoking a java application should not be much different to call any other app (although you maybe have to install the JRE in the sandbox). Here I think they discuss something similar:

stackoverflow.com/questions/16960662/emb...dboxed-cocoa-mac-app

If you manage to launch any java "Hello World" program from you sandbox I'll direct you how to include any INDI for Java driver.

Best regards
10 years 1 week ago #818

Yes, including separate JRE into application is probably the way how to do it, I'll check it.

P.S. New macs don't have CD drives and OSX is not distributed on CD anymore :-P
10 years 1 week ago #819

Of course not!! But that computer is sooo old that it could not be installed using any other device than the CD (at least that I know of). As you see... my Mac experience is quite old and short :-P
10 years 1 week ago #820

Hi, INDI Server 1.4 for MacOS X (based on libindi 0.9.8 r1578) is available for download... Peter

www.cloudmakers.eu/xindi

9 years 11 months ago #980

Hi, INDI Server 1.5 for MacOS X (based on libindi 0.9.8 r1631) is available for download... Peter

www.cloudmakers.eu/xindi
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
9 years 9 months ago #1309

Hi, INDI Server 1.7 for MacOS X (based on libindi 0.9.8 r1687 with exception of EQMOD driver) is available for download... Peter

www.cloudmakers.eu/xindi
9 years 8 months ago #1494

Hi, INDI Server 1.9 for MacOS X (based od libindi 0.9.9 r1769, with EQMOD again) is available for download... Peter

xINDI Project
9 years 6 months ago #1833

Hi,

INDI Server 1.11 for MacOS X with ATIK driver 0.19 (support for short camera timed exposures) is now available for download from xindi project page . Any feedback is welcome...

Peter
9 years 4 months ago #2150

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Peter,

Not sure if this is an intentional omission or not, but the Atik driver available through brew appears to be v0.15.

Cheers,
Lee
9 years 2 months ago #2561

Time to create page: 1.517 seconds