INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster

• Thank you received: 32
Went out tonight and attempted to use the Ekos polar alignment tool, and with the camera I have to use, the frame download time was just too much to try and get it polar aligned. I decided to pull out my Polemaster and my Windows Tablet to get aligned, then run the Ekos Polar alignment tool to see if it said I was off, and it did.

RA Axis Offset: " 0° 11' 21

Now when I first saw this being reported by Ekos, I thought perhaps I had done something wrong with my Polemaster, so I ran back through the Polemaster routine, and it was still dead on.

I am not sure what this means, entirely. I had an issue with my ZWO OAG so had to try and use my Celestron OAG tonight, which didnt work at all, so I couldnt see what PHD had to say about Polar error.

We have more clouds and rain in the forecast, but I will be trying this again the next time I can go out, so if there are any ideas, I am all ears. :)
7 years 2 weeks ago #15869

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Do you think binning the image would help with download time?

Also, for the download time, i found that sometimes i was getting really long download times. I finally tracked it down to a poor signal on my raspberry pi 3's wifi. I got an external dongle and the speed and reliability of the connection improved dramatically.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15892

Replied by Bill on topic Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster

Yes the binning would make for a smaller image, which would download faster. I may try the dongle route as I think the WiFi is certainly slow.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15895

• Thank you received: 812
This one worked for me. You could get something similar. . .

smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KV9TQXM/r...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
7 years 2 weeks ago #15929

Replied by Bill on topic Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster

Sweet, cheap too. I will give that a shot.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15930

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds