INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Random Thought about ASCOM & INDI

• Thank you received: 174
I upgraded ASCOM to 6.3 and rebuilt everything:

download.cloudmakers.eu/INDIGO%20Camera%20Setup.exe
download.cloudmakers.eu/INDIGO%20FilterWheel%20Setup.exe

I tested it with conformance checker and it passed again, but I'm not sure if it will fix the installation. But if not, can you pls. try to install also Bonjour runtime (probably both versions):

download.cloudmakers.eu/Bonjour.msi
download.cloudmakers.eu/Bonjour64.msi

Peter
7 years 2 weeks ago #16041
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32
Okay, Bonjour is required, but only the 64 bit one since the 32 bit tells you not to install it and to install 64 bit instead.

Once that was installed and the INDIGO Server was running my camera was accessible via Sequence Generator Pro. I took some short frames after setting up the config on it, like I would on INDI and it seems to be taking frames just fine.

I connected my filter wheel (ASI EFW) and it connected fine and the filter changes worked without issue.

This is promising! Is there an ASCOM Driver like this for the focuser or mount? The mount one is actually less critical for my testing, since I have Astro-Physics APCC which connects to the mount over WiFi/Network and allows a virtual port for SGP to do the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Polakovic
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Bill.
7 years 2 weeks ago #16042

Great, thank you, you helped us to identify forgotten dependency! Mount and focuser ASCOM driver is not implemented yet, but we'll definitely do it.

AP mounts use LX200 command set so it should work with INDIGO out of the box, for focuser you will probably need to use INDI driver, we have just FCUSB, USB_FocusV3 and FLI focuser support now.

Peter
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Peter Polakovic.
7 years 2 weeks ago #16043

I use Moonlite focus. I am sure the mount will work with INDIGO since it works perfectly fine with INDI -- but if it worked via ASCOM like the cameras and wheel do, that would be pretty cool. Any ETA on focuser ASCOM driver?
7 years 2 weeks ago #16045

Hopefully sometime in May, I'll let you know. Peter
7 years 2 weeks ago #16046

Hey Peter,

Is it doable to run this software on a different port on the PI and run INDI on the default INDI port and use them at teh same time? Not that I would be using the camera at the same time or any of that, but I would want the flexibility to be able to capture images with something like PEMPro, without having to disconnect INDIGO and reconnect INDI.
7 years 2 weeks ago #16048

Sure, you can run multiple INDI or INDIGO servers side by side, use -p port to specify port number.

But in this particular case it is not actually necessary, INDIGO server on the same port handles legacy INDI protocol and also XML and JSON INDIGO protocols (and also HTTP of web based control panel).

You need native INDI server only in case you want to use "snoop" between INDI drivers.

Peter
7 years 2 weeks ago #16052

Oh! So i could load INDIGO, have my ASCOM drivers connecting, and connect KStars at the same time, on one port?
7 years 2 weeks ago #16053

Yes, that's the intention. And you can also connect with web browser and manage the server or setup drivers. Peter
7 years 2 weeks ago #16057

Okay, last thing - how do I load other drivers that arent included with INDIGO? For example, I need to load Lx200 AP and Moonlite Focus.
7 years 2 weeks ago #16060

Add -i indi_driver_name to indigo_server arguments. Try indigo_server --help for other options. Peter
7 years 2 weeks ago #16063

Yeah I tried that, and this is what I get:
7 years 2 weeks ago #16064
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds