INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Random Thought about ASCOM & INDI

• Thank you received: 174
Hopefully sometime in May, I'll let you know. Peter
7 years 1 week ago #16046

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32
Hey Peter,

Is it doable to run this software on a different port on the PI and run INDI on the default INDI port and use them at teh same time? Not that I would be using the camera at the same time or any of that, but I would want the flexibility to be able to capture images with something like PEMPro, without having to disconnect INDIGO and reconnect INDI.
7 years 1 week ago #16048

Sure, you can run multiple INDI or INDIGO servers side by side, use -p port to specify port number.

But in this particular case it is not actually necessary, INDIGO server on the same port handles legacy INDI protocol and also XML and JSON INDIGO protocols (and also HTTP of web based control panel).

You need native INDI server only in case you want to use "snoop" between INDI drivers.

Peter
7 years 1 week ago #16052

Oh! So i could load INDIGO, have my ASCOM drivers connecting, and connect KStars at the same time, on one port?
7 years 1 week ago #16053

Yes, that's the intention. And you can also connect with web browser and manage the server or setup drivers. Peter
7 years 1 week ago #16057

Okay, last thing - how do I load other drivers that arent included with INDIGO? For example, I need to load Lx200 AP and Moonlite Focus.
7 years 1 week ago #16060

Add -i indi_driver_name to indigo_server arguments. Try indigo_server --help for other options. Peter
7 years 1 week ago #16063

Yeah I tried that, and this is what I get:
7 years 1 week ago #16064
Attachments:

Yes, that's correct. INDIGO driver is dynamic library executed directly within INDIGO server, while INDI driver is for INDIGO server remote server (just using pipes instead of network). Peter
7 years 1 week ago #16065

• Thank you received: 53
Can you point me at the code and documentation? I wouldn't mind having a crack at an ASCOM telescope (i.e. mount) driver
7 years 1 week ago #16072

Code is here: github.com/indigo-astronomy/indigo and some developers info (quite incomplete) is here: www.indigo-astronomy.org/for-developers.html . Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Ken Self
7 years 1 week ago #16073

Nice initiative! I see you are using a BSD-type license, but what does this condition mean exactly?
Redistribution in source or binary form for profit is permitted only as a part of a product derived from this software with added value.

I couldn't find it in the official 3-Clause BSD license here: opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause
7 years 1 week ago #16074

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds