INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Import PyIndi in Python

• Thank you received: 1

Import PyIndi in Python was created by Nick

I'm trying to write a python script to control my Sky-Watcher Allview mount on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I ran into some install problems that I solved by following the discussion here , but have run into a new problem that I didn't find anywhere already in the forums. When I try to run my script I get the following message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "skywatcherComm.py", line 4, in <module>
    import PyIndi
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyindi_client-0.2.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/PyIndi.py", line 28, in <module>
    _PyIndi = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyindi_client-0.2.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/PyIndi.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_PyIndi', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyindi_client-0.2.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/_PyIndi.so: undefined symbol: ln_get_apparent_sidereal_time

Did I miss something on install? Should I have rebooted after install? Any insight is appreciated.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Nick.
6 years 11 months ago #16243

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Nick on topic Import PyIndi in Python

I ended up solving my own problem. I had installed INDI using the instructions for Ubuntu in the download page on this site, but I after visiting the project on GitHub noticed that I should also run the following:
sudo apt-get install libnova-dev libcfitsio-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev

That solved my problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 11 months ago #16250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.059 seconds