INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

calibrating moonlite focuser with INDI

• Thank you received: 6
Hi,

I'm trying to get my moonlite hi-res stepper driver to work with INDI. I managed to connect over serial port and move the drawtube in both directions. The problem is, I've no idea where the absolute '0' position should be? The moonlite INDI page says the drawtube should be fully retracted before powering the controller. Does that mean absolute 0 means the shortest possible drawtube (drawtube fully inside the OTA)? In my case the absolute position decreases when the drawtube is extending. That would mean absolute 0 is when the drawtube is fully extended. I'm lost. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
milosz
10 years 3 months ago #378

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well, I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, and in my case, the relative count increases as you focus out (drawtube extending). If the focuser is fully retracted, and if you Zero it there (unless it already reports zero), can you issue a relative focus-out command? or this wouldn't work? Does it work with their application?
10 years 3 months ago #388

• Thank you received: 6
I didn't try yet as I thought there is something I'm doing wrong. Ron (from Moonlite) told me my controller is ancient. They don't ship it with new units any more. It doesn't work with non-ASCOM moonlite application. Previous owner reported it worked well with FocusMax but I don't jave MaxIm to check that (I have Kstars now :P). The sky is clearing now so I will try with fully retracted drawtube.

milosz
10 years 3 months ago #396

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds