INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon+Pi3 connecting issue

• Thank you received: 0
Im trying to connect my Canon 600d camera to Raspberry Pi3 +Xubuntu. When im starting indiserver, i always have the same error
Driver indi_canon_ccd: Failed to detect any cameras. Check power and make sure camera is not mounted by other programs and try again. What im doing wrong and how to fix it? Camra is working well when connecting to Ekos+Kubuntu on laptop.
7 years 13 hours ago #16343

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
I think I had issues until I compiled the indi_gphoto_ccd 3rd party driver. Maybe try other USB ports on the Pi?
7 years 13 hours ago #16345

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Dmitry on topic Canon+Pi3 connecting issue

I ve tryied all USB ports. Installed gphoto2. Now indiserver is starting, but i still cant connect to the camera. Error is Camera_get_config failed (-2): Bad parameters
What 3d party driver are you using?
7 years 12 hours ago #16346

• Thank you received: 4
Well, there isn't a "3rd party" driver for the canon, so to speak. From my understanding, canon_ccd is supported by the base INDI package. I always add in indi_gphoto_ccd when starting INDI and my Canon connects right up. I am using a 20D though. The only other thing that I can think of is 1) make sure the camera is not in PTP communications mode and 2) try using the [M]anual mode if you aren't already doing so.

Also, starting indiserver with -v or -vv may show more details, specifically which parameters are failing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 10 hours ago #16349

Maybe Xubuntu is treating the camera as hard disk (PTP mode)? I already have code in the driver package to fix the Gnome/Mate issues (it has no problems on KDE) so I'm not sure about XFCE handling of this. So before you try the INDI driver, make sure you can detect the camera from gphoto2 and capture with the command line first. I have the exact same camera (600D) running fine on RPI3 with Ubuntu Mate.
7 years 2 hours ago #16351

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds