INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Raspberry Pi Error Initializing Camera

• Thank you received: 1
Hey all. This is my first post so be nice.
I'm trying to figure out a way to remotely take pictures with my Canon 80D. Right now I'm wanting to do just wide field with counted on my Orion Sirius.
I've set up a Raspberry Pi with Jessie and followed the instructions to set up INDI.
www.indilib.org/support/tutorials/139-in...on-raspberry-pi.html

When I plug in the 80D I get 'Error initializing camera: -6: Not Supported.

I'm not sure what you need, but any help is appreciated.
6 years 11 months ago #16370

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's recommended to install Ubuntu Mate or any Ubuntu distro on the Raspberry PI. At any rate, you need a very recent version of libgphoto2 for Canon 80D support. So either get very latest libgphoto2 from some PPA or build it yourself.
6 years 11 months ago #16379

Thanks. I'm working on trying to update.

You bring up another issue. I'm trying both Debian Jessie and Ubuntu Mate.
On Mate I can connect the camera but when I try to access it in Ekos I get an error that indi_canon_ccd crashed.
I used these instructions to install.
indilib.org/support/tutorials/169-ekos-o...-complete-guide.html

Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Travis. Reason: Typing error
6 years 11 months ago #16381

I had been pointed to this script, github.com/gonzalo/gphoto2-updater, to update gphoto2. Well it did, but the Pi still showed 2.5.4.
So, I decided to run
sudo apt-get remove libgphoto2*
I've been trying for 2.5 hours to manually install, remove, install, rebuild pi and nothing worked. So i figured that script had to work, but why wasn't it. Well, after manually removing libgphoto2 I ran
gphoto2 --version
and it now showed the update.
I think I have the Pi seeing the camera, but will try more tomorrow. gphoto2 is on 2.5.11 and libgphoto2 is on 2.5.12. Wish I could get to .13, but not sure how.
6 years 11 months ago #16393
Attachments:

OK. I'm at a loss and need someone who knows much more about this than I do. I need libgphoto2 v2.5.12 in order to use my Canon 80D.
When I install INDI it installs 2.5.4. I have tried to manually compile 2.5.12, but when I do a gphoto2 -- version it still shows 2.5.4. If I do the remove as above then gphoto2 works, but INDI does not.
I'm at a loss.
6 years 10 months ago #16425

All seems to be sorted. I've still yet to put it through the paces since I'm still learning how to use Kstars and the INDI Server. I've attached a document listing what I've done. Thanks to GitHub users scribblemaniac.
6 years 10 months ago #16435
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds