Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Astroberry Server

Astroberry Server 3 months 3 weeks ago #26318

Hi Kaczorek,
what do u thinking about update astroberry to indi library 1.7.0 ?

Adn if possible how make itTanks
Pasquito

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Astroberry Server - Headless Mode? Kstars/Ekos/INDI autostart 3 months 3 weeks ago #26320

• apos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
[SOLVED] Use Indi-Web-Manager ;-)

... but there are some problems with the service ... read the thread.

Hi there, hi Kaczorek,

I am wandering and didn't find anything about:
  1. Running astroberry "headless" - only start the indiserver with the given Ekos configuration
  2. In the gui -> Autostart KStars (no problem), but then autostart Ekos after KStars and Indi with a default profile

Cheers
Axel

P.S.: I am doing my first workshop for others about KStars and the astroberry-PI ;-) Thanks for your great work Kaczorek.

Last Edit: by apos.

Astroberry Server 1 month 1 week ago #28701

Kaczorek wrote: Due to increasing security constraints in majority of browsers this issue will persist. To address This ssl will be disabled by default in the new version. I would recommend using a VNC viewer to access Astroberry Server if you have problems with accessing it with a browser.

Firefox seemed to allow successful access to the site after adding an exception for the certificate error. I have my own private Certificate Authority and was able to generate a new certificate that works fine in all browsers. I believe the issue with your certificate is that the CA cert and Web Server cert share the exact same Common Name. This causes the Subject and Issuer fields of the Web Server cert to be the same which should only occur with self-signed root certificates (the CA cert). When a browser sees this, it tries to verify that the digital signature coincides with the Issuer's public key; in this case, it checks against the Web Server's public key instead of the CA's public key, causing it to fail.

I believe that simply adding something like an OU to the Common Name of the Web Server cert will fix this (requires generating new certificate of course).

P.S.
@admins: Speaking of certificates, where is the one for indilib.org???

Attachments:

Astroberry Server 1 month 1 day ago #28888

> Mr. Catchlek

I installed astoroberry on RaspberryPi 3 as OSX KSTARS remote connection (home), wireless remote (outdoor) use of VNC on iPad.

Very easy to use, it was a wonderful composition, but there were some problems below.

1. When connecting to OSX remotely, you can not connect to CCDciel of OSX.
(Astroberry.local 7624)
It was not possible to connect even if changing to wireless, wired, astroberry.local → 192.168.10.1.

2. The clock function is not working.
(This was solved by installing ntpdate.)

sudo apt install ntpdate
sudo service ntp stop
sudo ntpdate xxxxxx (ntp server)
sudo service ntp start

3. You can not use wlanconf-gui.
I am using the terminal wlanconf command.

The usage environment is
· Mac OSX 10.2.6
Application used
Kstars, CCDciel
Connect the above application to the INDI Web Manager. (CCDciel can not be connected)

· Raspberry P3
Install astroberry

Astroberry Server 1 week 5 days ago #29490

Thanks kakzorek for the astroberry project, it fullfill my needs.
I tried it just a few days but I find all goods.

Just Planetary Imager do not work with my ASi 174 camera, it seem to not recognize the camera.
I saw that is a 0.7 version but is not possible to download anymore from developer web site

I will try more to solve the problem
Anyone knows something about that?

There is plan to an updated astroberry release?

Cheers
Fabio

Astroberry Server 1 week 5 days ago #29507

• Kaczorek
  • Kaczorek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 165
Planetary Imager distributed with Astroberry Server has been compiled from source. At the time the latest Astroberry Server was released there were no binary versions available. Why don't you use oaCapture? It supports ASI cameras natively.

I'm planning to release the new version based on the latest Ubuntu Mate 18.04... however it's still not available for Raspberry Pi. It was supposed to be released in July... and I'm still waiting for Mate dev team. The new version will include major bug fixes and improvements as well as support form Raspberry 3B+
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ibirru11

Astroberry Server 1 week 4 days ago #29524

Thanks
I will use oaCapture, it was only to give a chance to Planetary Imager.
There are so few capture software for Linux platform ...

I tried to compile myself (using Rpi 3 astroberry server) but without success.

You think is a good idea to apt-upgrade the system?

How about qdslrDashboard to manage all dslr camera? Do you think the Raspian Strech precompiled could run on ubuntu mate?

Just a last question about zram: I saw that you do not use zram-config package in Astroberry. How is it possible to change the amount of zram in Astroberry?
Cheers, Fabio

Last Edit: by Ibirru11. Reason: I forgot a last question
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica