Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Astroberry Server

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17623

• Kaczorek
  • Kaczorek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 164

maudy wrote: What are considered "if you customized your system"?

- extra apps?
- time zones?
- users?
- passwords?
- wifi SD?

Most of these are just configuration changes so you should be fine with upgrading your system with astroberry-upgrade. Adding new apps is also safe, removing existing ones might introduce errors at upgrade. I'm not sure what you mean by 'wifi SD' but reconfiguring wifi is fine anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17624

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Psamathe

Display resolution is fixed in to 1920x1080 (full HD) so KStars and Ekos can fit to a screen. If you need to change it or you prefer to use hdmi connected display instead of remote display over VNC just select your resolution in /boot/config.txt - see the very last line: hdmi_mode=16. You don't need to do it if you use remote display because you can do local scaling, which will autofit display to your screen size (see Scaling option in left side popup menu in your browser).

I need to take a look at these problems with listing available wireless networks. Anyway as already discussed a few posts before:

Kaczorek wrote: If there's no networks on the list and you are sure that the list shouldn't be empty you can configure your home network connection from terminal by running "sudo wlanconf"

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17681

Dear Radek,

Whilst in principle I am getting better using astroberry server and Ekos every day, I am increasingly having issues with the noVNC connection, either the screen turns black or I am getting an error message, see attachment. I could not yet find out, what the reason is (also tested detaching PiFace, checked powering and so on). Now I wanted to try disconnecting WLAN/wifi, maybe it interferes? But how can I do it? The command wlanconf is designed for establishing the connection, how can I remove?

Many thanks in advance,

Helge
Attachments:

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17689

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You get this type of error if (for some reason) GPS panel or INDI webmanager is not ready while opening the main page. You can just refresh the main page and it will disappear. I will take a closer look at this in the next release.
There's no tool for removing added wireless networks. However you can remove them manually by editing /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf (or removing the file if you want to forget all wireless networks).
And the last but not least - I noted that sometimes you get a black screen when accessing your desktop over noVNC. I'm not sure why it happends and I suspect it's related to Xauthority. When it happens restart your RPi (over ssh). Restart always fixes this issue... at least until it happens again. The good news is that is does not happen during consecutive connections during same session, so you can safely restart before kstars and ekos are started.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HelgeMK

Last Edit: by Kaczorek.

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17694

I have removed wlan settings as suggested (thanks a lot!), unfortunately, I did not help. I need to refresh the main page over and over again, or switch the RPi off and on until I am getting connected so I can start KStar/Ekos. The connection keeps dropping off. Strange, it was not like that as the beginning. System became hardly usable - luckily it is raining...

Should I reflash the es card?

You mentioned I should try "restart" via ssh, - I receive a reply that I need to specify what to restart. Can you tell me what exactly I need to type in PuTTy-terminal (which job)?

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17708

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
There are some strange things happening with your system. I would strongly recommend reflashing.
What I mean by "restart your RPi (over ssh)" is to start terminal and or connect to the RPi over ssh and run "sudo reboot" - this will safely reboot your device.
Beware that switching RPi off and on by just disconnecting power plug is not safe. It will for sure corrupt your filesystem. It's just like disconnecting power plug of your PC. What you need to do is to safe shutdown (ex. sudo poweroff) or safe reboot (ex. sudo reboot). You should never unplug power before safe shutdown.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HelgeMK

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17753

Dear Radek,

With rebooting I usually manage to get the system running again, after a few attempts. I reflashed the sd card, but issue is persisting. Could it be that it has to do with the certificate? (I saved the certificate on my laptop, and confirmed exception, following a security alert). Not sure what else I can do.

Btw: focuser runs smoothly, see picture.

Best, Helge

Best, Helge
Attachments:

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17756

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Helge
What issue stays unresolved? Can you confirm you follow guidelines in readme file ?

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17776

Hm...I find it difficult to admit, but since I have run an update of the operating system, as suggested in the guideline (sudo apt-get update), now seems fine!

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17863

• maudy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Is there a way for force RPI3 to update time right away?

Something has changed and it seems to take 5 minutes or so for the NTP server to grab the correct time.

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17865

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Do you mean updating time from the Internet or from GPS?

Astroberry Server 1 year 1 month ago #17867

• maudy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Internet please.

Ideally the time is updated from Internet or I can do manually.

Manually would be done from a remote site. Or done with Kstars syncing computer to device time.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica