Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...

TOPIC: Astroberry Server

Astroberry Server 1 week 6 days ago #17873

• Kaczorek
  • Kaczorek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
As already described in this thread the system time is synchronized with NTP. It works in two modes: (1) if you have Internet connection NTP gets time from public NTP servers, (2) if you don't have INternet connection NTP gets time from GPSD server (assuming you have a gps connected to your raspberry). If you don't have INternet connection and gps connected to your raspberry the only option is to set the time manually.
Now, where the time setting delay may come from? NTP does not set the time in one jump. Instead it sets the system time in a few jumps, chasing the actual time. I believe this is for consistency of many processes running on a system. To get it quicker you need to install ntpdate and run it once at system boot. It will set the time and leave little distance for NTP to chase the exact time.
Anyway I would advice to use GPS module with RTC (real time clock) or just RTC module so your raspberry keeps the date and time between reboots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Astroberry Server 1 week 5 days ago #17879

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I installed ntpdate. Running it states the socket is in use.

GPS is not possible for me at this time. Need to get a few other things first :)

Kstars still crashes on me on the RPI3 unfortunately. To restart and match date ASAP, I want to get the time reset. Is there a process to stop, perhaps gpsd, so that ntpdate can work quickly?

Thank you

Astroberry Server 1 week 5 days ago #17886

• Kaczorek
  • Kaczorek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
The very first result of this query gives you exact answer: www.google.pl/search?q=ntpdate+socket+is+in+use

General comment to the thread: many of you contact me asking for support in your specific needs and customizations. I treat all of these queries as a feature or change requests. I cannot handle every single case so Astroberry Server fits all your needs. It needs to stay generic to be usable and simple. The more you customize the system the more you need to fix the issues on your own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maudy, HelgeMK

Astroberry Server 1 week 4 days ago #17904

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Understood, it is Ubuntu.

The way it is working now is all that I need. No change sought.

Thank you Kaczorek.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica