INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry Server

If you mean Astroberry, the answer is yes. It's licensed under GPL 3.0 so you're free to do any translation.
If you mean KStars and Ekos, you should address this question to Jasem aka knro. However Kstars and Ekos are also licensed under GPL 3.0 so the answer would be also yes ;-)

Bonne chance!
6 years 10 months ago #16560
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic Astroberry Server

indi webserver installed fine. There was one issue with a PIFace xml file exception in the parse file.py on group in line 5, which I did not need and so removed the xml file. Removing the file allowed for servermanager.py to come up fine.

Hopefully some day the ASI224 can run as user, until then this seems to work. It is not great but seems to work so far.

the noVNC and VNC setup is nice and smoother, better than anything I was able to to.

Thank you again.
6 years 10 months ago #16561
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Laurent on topic Astroberry Server

Thanks, will keep you updated!

For Ekos, Jasem is already aware ;)
6 years 10 months ago #16562
  • Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic Astroberry Server

Hello Kackzorec,

I just installed astroberry on my Rpi3.
I met the first problem immediately with the zwo cams (ZWO 120MM-S and 178MM)
The exposures loops 3 times and fail. That looks like the situation we had few days ago with a package version or older version than the one that can be git today.
I tested the last release on my PC and the cameras worked fine.
Maybe Jasem can enlight us on what is wrong because he does something that fixed the problem on x86 computers.

Thanks
Patrick
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Patrick.
6 years 10 months ago #16563
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Laurent on topic Astroberry Server

Here is the documentation before French translation ;-)
6 years 10 months ago #16565

Patrick
Astroberry is using packages from official INDI repository so feel free to apt-get update && apt-get upgrade INDI drivers whenever new version are available.
I personally use ASI120MM and can't see any problem after flashing the camera with compatible firmware.
6 years 10 months ago #16566

Hi,

noVNC works perfectly using FireFox on mac. Logging in on iOS/iPAD or Safari on mac do not work. noVNC does work on these browsers though.

On both iPAD and Mac the initial page comes up fine, after selecting continue with the certificate prompt. However, to log in with the astroberry password continually fails.

Thoughts please?
6 years 10 months ago #16571

I'm not using iOS or OSX so I would appreciate help in tracing down the issue - x11vnc logs are located in /var/log directory
In any case you can use VNC client on any device - just point it to astroberry.local:5900
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
6 years 10 months ago #16573

Yes, I will help. I can look to logs tonight, help debug tomorrow, and will report back.

Need to go for a run now though :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
6 years 10 months ago #16574

After a search and test, it is the SSL certificate that seems to be causing the problem.

Changing the line in this file: /etc/systemd/system/novnc.service

ExecStart=/opt/noVNC/utils/launch.sh --listen 443 --ssl-only --vnc localhost:5900 > /dev/null 2>&1

to

ExecStart=/opt/noVNC/utils/launch.sh --listen 5050 --vnc localhost:5900 > /dev/null 2>&1

astroberry.local:5050/ definitely allows things to work. Unfortunately the SSL is lost.

This page suggests a correction: github.com/novnc/websockify/wiki/Encrypted-Connections

Extracting the CERTIFICATE from /opt/noVNC/self.pem and putting it into a self.cer file does create a certificate that can be imported into iOS, by emailing to myself.

The common name is astroberry.local is different than the hostname astroberry. Putting the CER file on iOS still did not allow for the SSL log in. Perhaps it is the .local?

Perhaps a web page on astroberry that can allow for the download of the public certificate so it can be install on iOS can work. Just a thought.

I can test again tomorrow.
6 years 10 months ago #16575

Thanks for your input. Self-signed certificate was my candidate for trouble maker.
I will slightly redesign SSL approach for noVNC so we can use it on various devices.
6 years 10 months ago #16579
  • Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic Astroberry Server

Hello Kaczorek,

Would it be possible to add those possibilities to astroberry:

1 improve wlan-conf gui to display the availables SSID and devices to use a better wifi device or to use an ethernet wired link (as network-manager do).
2 a little gui to choose the frame-buffer size in height and width (reducing it improve a lot display performances) with reboot choice.
3 integrate the indi webmanager to be able to use astroberry as a simple access point
4 include skychart and ccdciel in the available tools.
5 a swap space of 2Gb that could be useful
6 make a compressed iso image that can be expanded when starting mate for the first time. I must admit that I don't know how it can be done. But maybe you know :)

I appreciate the https access it is very useful. I have worked on point 4 and 5. It looks easy to do.

Thank you for this great job.
6 years 10 months ago #16582
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds