INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry Server

Version 1.0.3 of Astroberry Server is available! No need to download full system image. Just run astroberry-update and then astroberry-upgrade on the last stable download (1.0.1).

Additions and updates:
- Planetary Imager updated to version 0.6.97
- Skychart / Cartes du Ciel added (no additional catalogs installed)
- INDI Web Manager added and integrated with noVNC
- Nginx reverse proxy added for noVNC (astroberry.local/desktop/) and INDI Web Manager (astroberry.local/webmanager/)
- Welcome page added (astroberry.local)

Fixes:
- wlanconf-gui updated to display available networks

NOTE: You should not upgrade if you customized your system. In such case you need to wait for the next full release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gehelem
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
6 years 10 months ago #16768
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic Astroberry Server

Hi,

Created a new image and updated to the latest. So far so good.

I had issues last night with File dialogs not displaying (it is in another thread), and it seems to have become permanent. So new image and new card it is to rule thing out.

Some Questions:

1. Is there any issue with changing user password, language, region (for startup and login screen) and such? I am assuming no. Access point it is clear to use the scripts provided.

2. is there a need for a swapfile to use PHD2 and Ekos on RPI3 for an imaging session?

3. Lost a night last night due to Kstars crashing (PHD2 did not) and Ekos file dialog not display which prevent scheduler use, so I am looking at CCDCeil as a back up on RPI3. Have you consider CCDCeil as part of package?

4. Is it worth to add Lin_guider?

5. Already answered: Is PHD2 installed via the PPA? I have not had time to dig into this. (I just did update and saw the PPA was there.)

Thank you!
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Stephen.
6 years 10 months ago #16802

1. For desktop mode you can use standard Ubuntu Mate functions to change language, region etc... (System Settings / Language Support). There's no language setting for web interface.
2. No need for swap file for PHD2 or Ekos. Swap file is not recommended on RPi3 at all due to it tears down you microSD very quickly. However with only 1GB of RAM imaging with DSLR might result in not enough memory in RPi3 (convering raw files to fits takes lots of RAM). The solution would be a swap file. But you have been warned ;-)
3. There must be some kind of issue outside boundaries of astroberry server. Have you recently done rpi-update? If no, try it first and let me know if the problem persists. I might add CCDCeil in the next upgrade
4. I will add Linguider in the next upgrade
5. PHD2 is from PPA and will be updated with standard system updates.

You're welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
6 years 10 months ago #16803

Re: 2. Would the stretching of the sub/fit to check framing be similar to the DSLR converting? I am not using DSLR, and instead using ASI1600mm.

Re: 3. I have run rpi-update. There were updates. The new image is working nicely again. I will test the older image tomorrow.

Cheers!
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Stephen.
6 years 10 months ago #16816

I think stretching should be just fine. It's all about resource intensive raw to fits format while plate solving or focusing which require fits format.
I'm glad it works for you. Clear skies!
6 years 10 months ago #16817

Question: is there a recommended way to change astroberry.local to something else?

I am setting up a second RPI3 on the same LAN, and it would be great to use astroberry1.local and astroberry2.local or the such.

Any recommendations?
6 years 9 months ago #17036

If you use multiple Astroberry Servers in one LAN just change hostname by editing /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts. Then restart to access them under new hostname. Alternatively you can access each device by IP.

Also when using multiple devices in proximity to each other you need to change their access point names so you can tell which is which. Do it by using sudo aprename command in terminal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
6 years 9 months ago #17041

Excellent! This is perfect.

I really like the image you created. Thank you again for putting it together!
6 years 9 months ago #17046

Version 1.0.4 of Astroberry Server is available! No need to download full system image. Just run astroberry-update and then astroberry-upgrade.

Additions and updates:
- GPS panel (github.com/rkaczorek/gpspanel) added and integrated with noVNC
- zram swap added for performance improvement
- INDI Web Manager styles updated
- Nginx reverse proxy updated for GPS panel (astroberry.local/gpsd/)
- Welcome page updated to be accessible over secure connection (astroberry.local)

Fixes:
- NTP server not starting at boot - NTP server set preferred over timesyncd

NOTE: You should not upgrade if you customized your system. In such case you need to wait for the next full release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: durand Sébastien, Helge
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
6 years 9 months ago #17429
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by durand Sébastien on topic Astroberry Server

It is possible to add button for update raspberry time with GPS time in "GPS Pannel" ?
6 years 9 months ago #17471

There's no need to do it. Astroberry Server is configured to automatically synchronize time with NTP service (network time protocol). If you have access to the Internet it will set the time based on online time servers, if not it will use GPS time.
6 years 9 months ago #17474
  • Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Astroberry Server

Dragonlost :You may find this script useful GPSTime
Source
There is a case for NTP not automatically setting system time from GPSD.
Depending on the source of the GPS time, for instance from what I've gathered, if it is an NMEA source, rather than PPS. I found that if the system clock is more than a few seconds off it will not use that source as it believes it is too far off to be accurate.
Running this script will force the system time to sync. And from there NTP should be able to do it's thing.
Don't miss in the thread post by BeJay to add -u to the set string in the script to set system time to local time rather than UTC.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Andrew.
6 years 9 months ago #17485
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 3.485 seconds