INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry Server

You can do it over ssh or GUI (also over VNC). Just place the index files in default directory /usr/share/astrometry OR anywhere else and add the path to /etc/astrometry.cfg configuration file (note add_path parameter).
6 years 9 hours ago #24614
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Astroberry Server

Hi Kaczorek,

Do you have any suggestions on how to get this running on the brand new RPi 3 B+ model? I have come across this thread www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=208538 describing the problem. Unfortunately I now have the B+ (to replace the B I just broke) so I can't start from a 3B.

Thanks
5 years 11 months ago #24631
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Rick Bonner on topic Astroberry Server

Thank you and thank you for a great package. I have another question.. when I try and update with the software updater I get an error not enough free disk space -

"The upgrade needs a total of 48,2 M free space on disk '/boot'. Please free at least an additional 4410 k of disk space on '/boot'. Empty your trash and remove temporary packages of former installations using 'sudo apt-get clean'."

I upgraded and updated successfully and have not made any other changes. I have 16gb sd card.

Do I need to do something else?
5 years 11 months ago #24638
  • Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Astroberry Server

I ran into the same problem. I presume you are using a Pi3? You can use GParted to grow the boot partition, However, backup your SD card first to an external HD, using dd or the disk manager tool in Ubuntu. You will have to do this from another Linux installation, then simply grow the boot partition and shifting the other partitions to the right. You may want to get a larger SD card, though. 16GB is tight under the best of circumstances. I am using a 128GB card and that leaves me plenty of room for image capture, too.
5 years 11 months ago #24640
  • Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic Astroberry Server

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
5 years 11 months ago #24642

Thanks for the report. This is something new and it probably impacts other linux distributions for RPi. Do you use the new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ by any chance?
5 years 11 months ago #24644

Replied by Rick Bonner on topic Astroberry Server

No I have PI3 model B
5 years 11 months ago #24649
  • Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Astroberry Server

So by copying new boot files and root files (as described in www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=208538&start=75) from a current raspbian SD to the macBook's HD and then to a current Ubuntu Mate 16.04 SD, I was able to get 16.04 to boot on a new RPi 3B+ . I installed Indi and kstars following indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html. KStars and Ekos work it seems, so far. I would like be able to use astroberry-server to maintain this. What is the easiest way to do this, given I have a 16.0.4 running? Should I have started with the astroberry-server SD and just made those changes to it?
5 years 11 months ago #24685
  • Thank you received: 31

Replied by Paul on topic Astroberry Server

If you have the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ I don't believe Ubuntu Mate currently supports it - at least that is what my testing has shown.

I have been compiling under Raspbian and although build errors occur the software seems to be working, although it is not my production system, which is using Ubuntu Mate with a Raspberry Pi 3 B and I have a Raspberry Pi 2 as back up. On those machines I have not experiencd any errors with updates using apt-get from the command line.

In the past, when using Raspbian and the update utility I always had space type errors but overcame them by switching to apt-get at the command line.

Regards

Paul
5 years 11 months ago #24688
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by martin on topic Astroberry Server

Hi, have you come with a solution for the security certicate that make it impossible to login from web browser? I am using google chrome on my pc and I can't log in even if I install the self signed certificate.
Thank you
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by martin.
5 years 11 months ago #24862

Due to increasing security constraints in majority of browsers this issue will persist. To address This ssl will be disabled by default in the new version. I would recommend using a VNC viewer to access Astroberry Server if you have problems with accessing it with a browser.
The following user(s) said Thank You: martin
5 years 11 months ago #24864

Replied by Brian McCarthy on topic Astroberry Server

Does the Ubuntu Mate included in the Astroberry distribution support the R PI 3B+? I just created a brand new 64G image
and tried to boot on a new 3B+, and I get the Multi-color screen that I think means it doesn't quit support it. Any clues?
5 years 10 months ago #25637
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.646 seconds