INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

TIS DMK21AF04 (firewire camera) - functional in INDI?

• Thank you received: 10
Has anyone a working installation of a firewire camera? Specifically using the above mentioned DMK21AF04?

The camera is functional (Kubuntu 16.10, kstars-bleeding, last update) using the Coriander Software . Coriander receives the raw video frames, displays and saves them to a predefined directory.
However, trying to propagate the video stream (in coriander) to video4linux fails with
Error: unable to open device. VIDIOC_QUERYCAP error 25, Inappropriate ioctl for device

The same error appears when trying to connect to the DMK21AF04 in EKOS.
I don't think it is an INDI specific problem, so I don't add any log files. ;-)

If anyone has a working installation I would appreciate any hints on what to try.
6 years 10 months ago #16427

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Have you been able to find any information on how to bridge your Firewire camera to video4linux?
I'm interested in following-up in case anything goes wrong with indi_v4l2_ccd.
-Eric
6 years 10 months ago #16780

• Thank you received: 10
No, I have not got the Firewire cam to work using video4linux (v4l2). From what I found in the internet there is no support for this camera in v4l.
However, using Coriander as standalone application I managed to capture planetary video streams in Kubuntu.
For EKOS integrated functions such as guiding I instead use a QHY Cam.

CS
Michael
6 years 10 months ago #16866

• Thank you received: 174
Michael, this camera is supported by libdc1394 (damien.douxchamps.net/ieee1394/cameras) and thus it should work with INDIGO IIDC driver directly. INDIGO video stream mode is not supported by EKOS, but you can still use it as guider in standard CCD mode. Peter
6 years 10 months ago #16868

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds