INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars OS X missing drivers

• Thank you received: 6
I downloaded KStars today and watched some videos on it. I think I am going to like Ekos if I can ever get it setup correctly.

I have an ASI1600MM-C and if I go into the device manager I can see the ZWO CCD driver but it won't let me start the service. So I downloaded INDI Server from CloudMakers and I have it running and I can select the ZWO driver. I can then add a host under the Client tab in the device manager and get the INDI Control Panel to show my camera and I can connect but when I try to create a profile in Ekos the ZWO CCD doesn't show up if the mode is set to local. When I set the mode to remote the ZWO CCD shows up but the tooltip says "Available as a REMOTE driver. To use locally, install the corresponding driver" I'm sure it is because I just starting trying to use the app but I am stuck.

On a related note the Ekos window seem to always want to be on top and I don't see a way to change that. Also even after I resize it smaller it tends to jump back to a size that takes up most of the screen. It would be nice if it remembered the size and position and stayed there unless I change it.

Thanks,
Eric
6 years 10 months ago #16500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Eric,

The ZWO issue should be fixed in the next DMG build soon. For the Ekos Window, Robert can comment on this aspect. Hopefully we should have another build in a couple of days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Vickery
6 years 10 months ago #16502

• Thank you received: 809
Yep, its fixed now. See my reply in the OS X forum.
6 years 10 months ago #16517

Eric, there is an option in the Preferences under the Ekos tab called "Independent Window." This will make Ekos a separate window and then it can go behind KStars and minimized and maximized separately.
6 years 10 months ago #16527

I found the independent window option and it seems to work fine. One strange thing that has happened and I don't know how I did it is that the Ekos window is now a tab in the main kstars window. I don't mind it being that way but I'm not sure how I did it.
6 years 10 months ago #16528

The is a dock on the right hand side for the Whats Interesting window. But I don't know how you got Ekos into it?? I once edited the kstars code to put it in there just to see if that would be nice, but I changed it back. If you figure out how, it would be useful info
6 years 10 months ago #16533

This is not on the right hand side. The Ekos window is in a tab at the top of the screen. Not sure how to upload a screen shot to show you what I'm talking about.
6 years 10 months ago #16535

Does it look like this?
6 years 10 months ago #16537
Attachments:

Nope. It looks like this. Notice the 2 tabs across the top.
6 years 10 months ago #16538
Attachments:

BTW. How do you get the image to show up in the message instead of just as an attachment?
6 years 10 months ago #16539

Ok, yeah, I have NO idea how you got the tabs at the top. The thing that I tried was using the newer OS X window side by side maximized feature. But I do't have any idea how you got it like that. To get the image to show up inline you need to click on the "Insert" button after you attach the image.
6 years 10 months ago #16540

I figured out the tabs. It is an OS X feature. In System Preferences->Dock there is a setting "Prefer tabs when opening documents". I think it makes kstars easier to use.
6 years 10 months ago #16542

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds