INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New astronomy portal on Ubuntu-fr.org

• Thank you received: 12
I am trying to write a page on ubuntu-fr.org devoted to astronomy. I lists all software used in astronomy and all linux compatible hardware . Looking long in the jungle , I found a lot of software. But the hardest part is to write hardware compatibility ... Manufacturers' sites do not make much effort to learn about the compatibility of their hardware with Linux.
I finalize the details on mounts. If a mount is compatible LX200 , it will be recognized in INDI , correct? This is the case I think for manufacturers Losmandy , Astro- Physics. Who else?
I saw that someone had written a driver for Paramount ( Software Bisque ) mount. This is called RTS2 . Can we run a paramount with indi ? ( I do not have the budget to test ;) )
Last thing, a few years ago, I bought a HEQ5 eqdirect cable at Pierro Astro . Is that eqdirect cables found in the astronomy's stores work with INDI and the driver indi_eqmod ? They are all listed as working only in ASCOM , can we say that they also operate under INDI ?
I also will talk about ccd cameras and other astronomy accessories . Many beautiful migraines to come!

Thank you in advance for your help!
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Eric Magnien. Reason: add a link
10 years 2 months ago #535

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
eqdirect cable works well.
10 years 2 months ago #537

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds