INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue with WCS processing in FITs viewer

• Thank you received: 6
Since the WCS processing was changed to not automatically process I am getting a seg fault (11) on OS X if I have AutoWCS turned on in the FITS viewer settings and do a polar alignment routine. It fails somewhere in the call FITSData::loadWCS(). I haven't had a change to run it in the debugger to see exactly what is happening.
6 years 9 months ago #17348

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone have any insight?
6 years 9 months ago #17402

I asked Robert and he said he'll be looking into it soon.
6 years 9 months ago #17409

• Thank you received: 809
Yes, I am taking a look at it. Sorry, I was rather busy recently and couldn't look at it till now. It does appear to be caused by the WCS changes Jasem made earlier this month. It looks like I will possibly need to modify my code that relies on the WCS data to work with Jasem's changes. I will need to do some diagnoses to see when the error occurs.
6 years 9 months ago #17457

I found one issue with the Center Telescope feature. It relied on the WCS data being loaded already (the old way). So it caused a crash if you tried to use it before WCS data is loaded. I just sent Jasem a patch that should fix that so that it will load the WCS data if it is not loaded yet.

I could not reproduce the error that you reported in this post. Has Jasem already fixed that?
6 years 9 months ago #17458

I will get the latest code and test it again. If the clouds will ever go away :)
6 years 9 months ago #17466

Yes I know how you feel, this year I have not had my equipment out much due to lots of clouds. Then suddenly we now have a 3 day stretch of what should be cloud free nights. The night before last was outstanding, but I neglected to collimate my scope and I didn't realize how bad the collimation was until I got pretty far into it. Last night, everything started out perfect and it was crystal clear skies. Then some clouds started coming in, which I thought would pass. Then a thunderstorm rolled in. . . Needless to say, I packed up my equipment right before that hit. Maybe tonight will be better. . .
6 years 9 months ago #17468

Time to create page: 2.180 seconds