Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: EOS350D with indi_gphoto_ccd

EOS350D with indi_gphoto_ccd 2 months 1 week ago #17792

Hi all,

I am trying to use the indi_gphoto_ccd driver under linux. On my laptop, it works, I can even acquire images in bulb mode using a usb-serial adapter with a handmade signal converter.

However, when I connect the Canon DSLR to my small arm box (not a raspberry pi, but a S912 box under armbian), I cannot acquire any images, i obtain the following error (logged through the client):
Error starting exposure

It is a shame because if I use the following gphoto command, I can acquire images on this platform:
gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download --filename "test.jpg"
The latter command works perfectly.

How can I debug this ?

Thank you in advance, this is one of the last problem I have to solve to get myself a proper beginner indi setup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EOS350D with indi_gphoto_ccd 2 months 1 week ago #17805

hi Dolguldur,

not have an answer to your question sorry. But as I'm using a Canon DSLR too, what is the benefit in using indi_gphoto_ccd instead of indi_canon_ccd?

Ferrante
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolguldur

EOS350D with indi_gphoto_ccd 2 months 1 week ago #17806

Hey, thank you fenriques !
I think those are exactly the same unfortunately:

/indi/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/CMakeLists.txt:"exec_program(\"${CMAKE_COMMAND}\" ARGS -E create_symlink ${BIN_INSTALL_DIR}/indi_gphoto_ccd \$ENV{DESTDIR}${BIN_INSTALL_DIR}/indi_canon_ccd)\n

EOS350D with indi_gphoto_ccd 2 months 1 week ago #17807

uh. you're right. Didn't ever notice that symbolic link in /usr/bin
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Jul  9 18:58 indi_canon_ccd -> indi_gphoto_ccd
Thanks.

EOS350D with indi_gphoto_ccd 2 months 1 week ago #17819

As weird as it may sound... testing with indi_canon_ccd now works as expected...
I don't really understand how this is possible, probably a switch somewhere in the code, I'll check that later. Now that I can acquire with the indi control panel, I'll check with Ekos, and then setup my python acquisition script.

Last Edit: by dolguldur.

EOS350D with indi_gphoto_ccd 2 months 1 week ago #17827

There is difference, though it probably does not matter for most users. indi_canon_ccd supports multiple canon cameras as the same time, while indi_gphoto_ccd can open support one camera at a time.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica