INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget

Yes. Regarding SX Tirius, what's the VID:PID of the camera?
6 years 2 months ago #22243
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 140
Hmmmm, now you are asking, I am new to all this you know.. lol :)
6 years 2 months ago #22244
Do you have it connected via USB now? If so, type the following command and paste the output:
lsusb
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
6 years 2 months ago #22245
  • Thank you received: 140
Not at the moment, but will sort later, many thanks for the prompt help, much appreciated :)
6 years 2 months ago #22246
  • Thank you received: 155
My Stellarmate works fine when connecting to it via VNC Viewer on my Mac. But when I use my iPad it now gives me this error (see below). It used to work, but not anymore. I have deleted the Stellarmate ap from the iPad, and re-downloaded it twice. No effect. I also downloaded the latest Stellarmate OS on the Pi, with no effect. Anyone have any new suggestions?

6 years 2 months ago #22268
Attachments:
It does appear to be a noVNC bug that was fixed. I will see how to get the latest code into StellarMate. Will let you know how we can get the fix to your unit as well without requiring a full download.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
6 years 2 months ago #22271
So I will release an updated StellarMateOS version, but it's not worth downloading 2.4GB for just this. So here is what you can do. Use any other VNC desktop client or connect StellarMate directly to HDMI. Watch this short video:

www.indilib.org/images/videos/stellarmate_novnc_update.mp4
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 2 months ago #22272
Well, that didn't help. I followed your video, everything responded just like yours, and after I typed reboot, the thing no longer connects to my network nor does it give up and create its own hotspot. :(
Completely bricked it.
6 years 2 months ago #22274
The changes above have _nothing_ to do with networking. I guess I'll be releasing a full image later today then that contains the fixes. Can you connect to it via Ethernet cable?
6 years 2 months ago #22279
Understand that, but it happened as soon as I rebooted.
I tried again tonight and was not able to connect via wireless either through my network or the hotspot.
I then plugged in an ethernet cable into the Stellarmate to a router that had no power - and instantly the hotspot showed up.
That's the same symptoms I had two months ago.

Further: I tried to use VNC viewer on the Stellarmate Ap (on an iPad) and got the same error message again.
I deleted the ap, and retrieved another copy from the Apple Store with no change.
However I download VNC Viewer by itself (not in your Stellamate Ap package) from realVNC and it works.

I know there are several separate issues here, but together they make the user experience very frustrating.
6 years 2 months ago #22285
  • Thank you received: 29
Hi Peter,

Some time ago I had problems to connect via VNC, to circumvent I started using an outdoor router, so in case VNC is not working, I could both connect the RPi and the Laptop to the WLAN and carry on.

Let me know if of interest and I can provide more details.

Best, Helge
6 years 2 months ago #22288
Thanks Helge, but I need to operate this far from home in remote settings, by batteries. My backup would be to just connect everything directly via cables to the laptop.
6 years 2 months ago #22289
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds