INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos, CGEM, Platesolving/"alignment tab" and Sync/Undo-sync

• Thank you received: 24
I have discovered that the Ekos Slew to Target, makes use of the Sync command in the CGEM hand control alignment menu.

Once this sync command is sent by Ekos, is there a way yo Unsync the command without going to the hand controller?
6 years 8 months ago #18301

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is it as simple as the "Clear Alignment Model" on the Mount tab?
6 years 8 months ago #18322

CGEM does not uses INDI Alignment Model so it has no effect on it. You cannot undo a sync when sent to a mount. When using EQMod, it clears the alignment model by discarding all sync points.
6 years 8 months ago #18324

Do I understand correctly then for CGEM, and the Align Tab: ?

- both "Slew to Target" and "Sync" sends a sync command to CGEM
- each (re)solve using "Slew to Target" sends a new sync to CGEM (btw, using the --depth astrometry custom setting really speeds up the solved on RPI3. I need to use --depth 21-30 most of the time)
- the Undo Sync on CGEM can only be done from the Hand controller

It is not clear to me if the subsequent Sync command simply over writes the previous. Perhaps this is a non-issue, I do not really know.

I ask because when using the All-Star-Polar-Align (ASPA) on the CGEM, the Sync command is used when aligning the mount. Then when done with ASPA, the Undo Sync is needed to return to the Mount's sky model. With the warmer weather I have more time to learn more about the software and mount interactions to help diagnose guiding and slewing symptoms as they come up. For certain, just using the hand controller things work. Using the RPI3 to remotely control things is very useful and cool, and more complicated - which makes all of this fun :)

Thank you
6 years 8 months ago #18327

Time to create page: 0.736 seconds