INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Beginner's troubles with Ekos under Windows

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am trying to run my setup (EQ6 using EQMOD, QHY5L-II, Canon DSLR) with Ekos (I am running WIndows7). Everything connects more or less ok (still having issues with the QHY camera...), but I can't figure out how to specify the focal length of my telescope, therefore guiding can't calibrate. I have tried to add the info using the Profile Editor of Kstars and selecting the primary and guide telescope I have added or using it through a POTH Hub and specifying the focal length, and even by trying a simulator telescope with the "can optics" option enabled (and configured!) but still Ekos can't read the focal length in the guiding tab, even if I can see it correctly listed under the "mount" tab... am I dong anything wrong?!

Thanks a lot!

Nico
6 years 8 months ago #18348

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The equipment is connected to Raspberry PI or where exactly?
6 years 8 months ago #18350

All devices are connected to my laptop, where I installed ASCOM and wINDI.
6 years 8 months ago #18352

The wINDI bridge does not implement all INDI driver functions so you should expect some issues. However, I am working on a workaround and it should hopefully be available for download tomorrow. I recommend you either install INDI on Raspberry PI, or if you want something ready, you can get StellarMate
6 years 8 months ago #18354

Wow, that would be great: looking forward to testing it once it is ready!
6 years 8 months ago #18362

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds