INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD2 compiled and running on Raspberry Pi Zero W

• Thank you received: 28
Hi all,

After getting my Asus Tinker board and RPi3 all up and running with indi/kstars/ekos/phd2 I got bored so decided to buy a Raspberry Pi Zero W and see what could be done.

So after flashing Raspbian Jessie, I pulled down PHD2 from git and compiled it. PHD2 takes about 15 or 20 mins to compile from source on a 4 core 64 bit intel current gen machine.

Well, on the rpi0w (512Mb ram and single core @ 1GHz) it took 5 hours!!!! BUT IT WORKED!!!!

So i now have PHD2 running my ZWO ASI120MC guide camera , and it runs really well. All drawing about 1W of power!!!!

So the next thing I'll try after I get my remote desktop going is to install indiserver and see if that runs, i cant see why it wont.

Ill keep you posted and put some photos up soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oleg, Garth, Chris Howard
6 years 7 months ago #18427

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 28
Hi All , so here are a few pictures of phd2 running.

Im calling this project PiHD2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
6 years 7 months ago #18454
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I'v been guiding with Zwo ASi034, Linguider and raspberry pi 3 since about a year. Now I want to give a try to PHD2 because I belive it has more sofisticated guiding algorithms. My question is whether you require extra drivers to support ASI cameras on RPi2-PHD2 or the support is native.
6 years 5 months ago #20330

No extra drivers needed, PHD2 fully supports INDI.

EDIT: Ok, I believe there is native support in PHD2 for ZWO cameras so not even INDI is required there, but I'm not sure.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 5 months ago #20342

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds