INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Thanks to all INDI and Ekos developers!

• Thank you received: 41
Hello out there :) I just want to say THANK YOU to all developers who contributed to INDI/Ekos etc. :) I'm a student at the astronomy group of the University of Marburg (Germany) and now we can use our whole equipment with Linux.

Our INDI-related equipment:
Mounts: - Celestron CGE Pro
- Losmandy Gemini 8 (LX200 based)

CCD: - ATIK 314L
- ALCCD5 (QHY5 chipset)
- SBIG ST2000XM with CFW 6A filterwheel (filter wheel untested)

I already use all Ekos features except Polar Alignment, but this will be tested soon :) Currently I use Kubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 Beta for my measurements, but as I'm a Fedora user (and official packager) normally I will start packaging soon :)

Greetings,
Christian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Christian.
10 years 2 weeks ago #793

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fedora packages will be highly appreciated. Currently, the bleeding edge of KStars & INDI are only available for Ubuntu and its derivatives. Btw, KDE 4.13 is due soon as well and it will include the latest Ekos so all major distros should have that as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler
10 years 2 weeks ago #795

• Thank you received: 1
I'd like to enthusiastically second that "Thank You". Special kudos go to KNRO. His diligent work and help have made it possible for me to use my AP900GTO mount, QSI camera, and SX Lodestar guider entirely from an Ubuntu 13.10 platform. Bravo KNRO!!!

-Bert
10 years 5 days ago #844

• Thank you received: 41
I already started packaging for Fedora :) But there are some points to discuss before adding the packages to Fedora (licenses of firmware for example). As a short time remedy I created a repository at openSUSE BuildService, I'll start adding packages soon and announce them when I think they are ready :) But adding these packages to Fedora (if license and Fedora policy allow it) or rpmfusion is my long-term goal.

Build Service: build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:cdersch:INDI

Greetings,
Christian
10 years 4 days ago #857

Time to create page: 0.656 seconds