INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

One CCD Camera and two clients

• Thank you received: 28
Hi there,

as a beginner of INDI I would like to ask if it's possible to use two clients to show the picture taken from one camera at the same time ?

The use case I have taht there is on clients who is doing the active tasks (controlling imaging), and a second client on another computer just showing the status of the ccd cam and showing the pictures taken. Basically the first client ist the working one (my workplace) and the second is for visitors to show them.

As I know for having Kstars with the mount, many Kstars clients could show the pointing of the telescope an the same time and from each client I could initiate a slew to a target.

CS

Michel
6 years 6 months ago #19735

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Yes, I have done this before as I recall. You can test it really easily using the simulator. Just run KStars with the simulator on one computer and connect to the indiserver remotely from the other computer. You should find that if you take the photo from one computer, it shows up on both. If you test it first using the simulator as I said, you won't have to wait till dark, and you can make sure everything is working and configured correctly on both computers. (And if you were planning to have folks watch on the other computer, you avoid embarrassment by making sure it works first ;-) )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Michael
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
6 years 6 months ago #19737

• Thank you received: 28
Hi rlancastle,

ok, nice, than i give it a try!

Michel
6 years 6 months ago #19739

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds