INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Some Items from two nights...

• Thank you received: 24
1. **HELP**: The scheduler would not let me start IC1805 until 35 degrees. There seemed to be no way to overide it; it was at 33 degrees, sigh. The altitude check was not enabled in the schedulder, and if it was it was set at 15. Nothing would change it. **Checking for logs now**

2. **REQUEST PLEASE**: The focusing every 30 minutes is not working. The focusing on filter change does work. The initial focus at the start of the sequence works, and unless the change every filter change is correct, the focus is not checked again.

3. **REQUEST PLEASE**: Unchecking FITS VIEWER - is not global - unchecking enabled for the Fits Viewer in the CCD module did not stop loading the fits for subsequent images in the same sequence. This happens both with CCD Module and Scheduler sessions. Test was done using darks frames for the sequence. The auto-stretch does not toggle either. It is happening now with the current schedule session - fits viewer continues to come up even though it is not checked enabled.

**lol.. tested this using darks in day to test, so that can do lights at night.**

4. **REQUEST**: ability to change temperature of cooled camera over a period of time to help reduce concerns of thermal shock, or is this not a concern for CMOS cooled cameras like ASI1600... **QUESTION**: is there a way to get the value that Ekos is setting the temperature too? Perhaps so another client script can manage speed of the temperature drop?

Send pulse command is working great for guiding my CGEM - Thank you.
6 years 6 months ago #19808

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. Have to check logs, but maybe it was waiting until it gets dark enough?
2. Focus timer is reset once you do autofocus for any reason, including filter change. So if that happens, it will focus 30 mins after that event.
3. Fixed.
4. That is not controlled by INDI, it seems the ZWO SDK sets this automatically. If you want to change the behavior, contact ZWO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
6 years 6 months ago #19815

Ok PPA is building a package now.
6 years 6 months ago #19817

The enable Fits Viewer is no longer on the CCD module after doing the PPA update tonight. Please confirm the enabling/disabling is in the Ekos Options Tab in the global settings: Ekos -> Capture -> Summary Screen Preview.

The flats will not work tonight. Logs attached, as is the sequence used.
6 years 6 months ago #19830
Attachments:

Regarding 2 and the Focus timer, the intended use is not clear.

My plan was to determine the relative step offsets for each filter relative to the LUM filter. The LUM filter would then be locked in the Focus module and all autofocus checks would be with the LUM filter. Then when the filter is changed the focuser would adjust to the offsets in the CCD module for the LUM value locked in the autofocus Module.

e.g. LUM autofocus is determine to be 12810 steps. Then the focuser relative setup in the CCD module would be:

LUM = 0 (meaning focuser set to 12810 steps)
R = 14 (meaning focuser set to 12824 steps)
G = 123 (meaning focuser set to 12933 steps)
B = -23 (meaning focuser set to 12787 steps)
Ha = 3450 (meaning focuser set to 16260 steps)
OIII = 12 (meaning focuser set to 12822 steps)
SII = 34 (meaning focuser set to 12844 steps)

The auto focus routine was only run when the global setting for ekos was check to do auto focus on filter change. Perhaps this is correct way. I was assuming an autofocus would happen as soon as the exposure exceeding the X minutes (30 minute) time limit completed.

I do not know what the best practises are, if there are any perhaps someone can point me to them.
6 years 6 months ago #19831

There are two settings now:

1. Universal FITS Viewer setting in KStars Options --> FITS
2. Ekos Summary Screen setting as you found out.

I'll fix the flat issues shortly.
6 years 6 months ago #19833

Time to create page: 3.625 seconds