INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Trouble installing INDI on Raspian Stretch

• Thank you received: 27
hi!
Trying to migrate my controller project to Debian Stretch - however, when following the instructions for installation on Raspian I end up with
"E: Package 'libcfitsio3-dev' has no installation candidate" while trying to install the prerequisites ...

apt offers me to install "libcfitsio-dev", but then the installation routine for the indi 1.5 debian packages fails ... any ideas?
yours
wolfi
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Wolfgang Birkfellner. Reason: Trying to focus the question ...
6 years 5 months ago #20068

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

has really no one yet installed INDI 1.5 on the new Raspian????

yours
wolfi
6 years 5 months ago #20104

• Thank you received: 2
Are you trying to install the Ubuntu packages on the Raspian/Debian? That could explain the different dependency names.

I think it is better to use ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
6 years 5 months ago #20118

Hi!
No, I am trying to install the Raspberry Pi dedicated INDI version on the latest Raspian version (stretch) according to the recommended procedure :)

Mate is no alternative as I am really dependent on I2C, WirinPi, SPI and so on for my controller project.
Yours
Wolfi
6 years 5 months ago #20120

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I had the same problem which is due to a difference in the package versions between indi 1.5 and Raspian.
For example, indi requires libnova-0.14 but only libnova-0.16 is available in the last Raspian.
To install indi, you must build it from the sources.
Best regards.
6 years 5 months ago #20137

I am not following up with Raspbian, I just have one that is building the package and it's Jessie. If I upgrade that to Stretch then Jessie packages stopped. Is it safe to assume most users on Stretch now?
6 years 5 months ago #20144

• Thank you received: 31
I can't say how many users are on stretch, however, those that keep things up to date will be, and I am one.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Paul.
6 years 5 months ago #20146

Hi!
There are many Jessies still around I assume. However, software packages with Jessie get dated by now, and above all, it is the distro that comes with NOOBS. So everyone who is buying a Raspi now most likely will have Stretch.
Yours wolfi
6 years 5 months ago #20148

Time to create page: 1.167 seconds