INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos, RPI3, PHD2 and INDI Mount or On Camera (ST-4)

• Thank you received: 24
I had been using the On Camera setting for Guiding in PHD2 with the RPI3. I tried the INDI mount setting over 6 months ago and there did not seem to be a lot of difference. Perhaps it was the sub-zero winter temperatures too. Recently I switch back to using the INDI-mount setting.

Which should give better performance (ST-4 or INDI Mount-USB), or is there not really a difference? When using the ST-4 cable I did put the INDI Mount in the Aux Mount setting on PHD2.

The reason I ask is that over the past few months I have added additional counters weights which definitely improved the guiding, as well as established a more routine setup. So it is not clear to me if INDI-mount is actually better, as they seem capable, or if it is just experience that is improving the guiding. INDI-mount does reduce one cable to setup, and so one more potential error point for me.

My guiding for my C11 at f/10 is typical with +/-3 pixels or +/- 1". My images are slowly improving, so I am working to improve guiding, framing, and sub exposure setting now. Before it was all too overwhelming to get to this level of detail.

Anywhooo.... please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!
6 years 6 months ago #20268

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds